Author Topic: Growth spurt?  (Read 1044 times)

Offline troubledmum

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: March 01, 2006, 08:21:51 am »
Hi. My daughter is almost 11 weeks old and ever since she was 7 weeks, only woke up once a night, at around 4am. Sometimes she'd wake up a bit earlier but giving her her dummy calmed her and then she'd go till 4 for her feed. She goes to sleep around 1/2 6, 7 and drops off now without a problem. However, we were having real problems with daytime naps. We're now on top of that and life is much happier - during the day.
We wake her up at 6am and she goes every 4 hours, a pattern she got herself into and we wake her up because it suits everyone fine and fits in with her bedtime routine. However, on sunday night we put her in her cot in her nursery. She slept fine that night, but had hardly slept on Sunday. She woke once but her dummy did the job and woke at 4 for a feed. But the past 2 nights she has been waking at midnight and the dummy doesn't work so after an hour of trying to calm her I've ended up feeding her. She then wakes at around 4 to 5 and I try to calm her but this doesn't work so I feed her again.
She is on 7oz a bottle as she is a big baby (born at 9lb 10oz) so normally has around 30-35oz with her usual 5 feeds.
Do you think that this extra feed we're giving her is because of a growth spurt or because she is her nursery and I don't get to her in time to calm her with her dummy? Please help as I'm starting to get exhausted already with 4 hours sleep a night.

Offline Katet

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 608
  • Sydney Australia
Re: Growth spurt?
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2006, 10:24:55 am »
I'd say it is a growth spurt. my ds#2 has had all his early & he is a very very big boy actually he was induced 8 days late & he has had his growth spurts 11 days early each time... which is actually exactly the time "I" thought he was due 
dc1 July 03, dc2 May 05

Offline Colin Macs Mom

• Queen B
  • Global Moderator
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 854
Re: Growth spurt?
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2006, 17:42:43 pm »
Sounds like a growth spurt to me too!
Jessica
Mom to Colin Ronald, August 18, 2005
Spirited + Reflux =  :o