Author Topic: early wake up at 5:30 on the dot!!  (Read 1783 times)

Offline allyson

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 4
« on: March 02, 2006, 11:49:04 am »
My 9 month old has been waking up at 5:30 am on the dot for the last few days. before that shw would go until 6ish which seems like a world of difference for some reason. I am putting her down at 6:45pm and she sleeps through. sometimes I can get her back down and other times I cannot. how or what can I do to push this? I have tried adjusting ehr bedtime, and even that does not always help. should I do wake to sleep at 4:30am?? this is her schedule

awake at 5:30-6ish
6oz bottle
cereal/yougert at 8
nap9-9:30 (lasts from 35 minutes to 1 hour)
bottle after awake 6oz
lunch 12:30
nap 1:30 (for about 1-1.5 hours)
bottle at 3ish
solids at 4:30
bottle at 6:20
book
bed at 6:45ish

she haed an ear infection recently which messed up her whole routing, thankfully, she went back to sleeping through the night and napping fine, just waking a bit early. I dont want her to get too used to getting up at this time. any suggestions? I had to decrease her solids during the day because she was not taking enough formula, now she is taking about 20-24 oz and solids.

Offline allyson

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 4
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2006, 13:39:50 pm »
Oh and I know she is teething, last night she did not wake up, but would make some noises which she only does when she is teething and her upper lateral is about to or just cut through. not sure if this can contribute??

Offline teezee

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 157
Re: early wake up at 5:30 on the dot!!
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2006, 16:16:33 pm »
i went through a few weeks of my lo thinking that anywhere from 4:30 to 6 am was wake up time also - she didn't necessarily want to eat at that time she just thought it was time to play...and it wasn't good enough to be awake in her crib she wanted to have company!  i just took her into my room (i know bad mommy) and let her 'play' on the bed while i pretended to sleep as it was dark and i felt i wasn't reinforcing the situation by playing with her myself.  i really think that it was developmental and stopped and now she is waking at her normal time again. probably not the best advice out there but that is what worked for us. could it be a growth spurt though - i know at 9 months they have one and maybe she  is just hungry??
Tawnya
Mommy to Alecksandria
June 11, 2005

Offline reecesmom

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2006, 17:05:53 pm »
I am in almost the same situation with my 11 mo ds.  He was sleeping until 6:30 or 7:00, then had an ear infection which through everything off and now is waking at 5 or so for past two weeks.  To make matters worse, the past couple of nights he has started waking up in the middle of the night!  So I'm kind of wishing for the good ol days when he slept through but just woke up early!  one thing I read said a later bedtime might help adjust the wakeup time but that it may take two weeks to take affect.  So I started putting him down at 7:30/7:45 instead of 7:00 and now we have the nightwakings - not sure if they are related or not, but I'm going back to the earlier bedtime to see. 

So I really have no helpful advice, just that I'm in the same boat, and I'm hoping its just developmental and he'll pass through it soon. 

Offline teezee

« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2006, 17:11:08 pm »
i was thinking about this situation and came across this link - i looked it over and my dd is apparantly not the 'average' as she gets about 12 hrs nighttime sleep and 2 hrs daytime sleep but generally it tells u how much sleep total they should be getting.

https://babywhispererforums.com/index.php?topic=46.0

hope it helps!
Tawnya
Mommy to Alecksandria
June 11, 2005

Offline allyson

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 4
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2006, 17:42:44 pm »
It may be a growth spirt. she wakes up and sucks down her bottle . or catchup from being sick and not eating so much. I also bring her into my room and feed her and see if she'll fall asleep, today I put her back in her crib and she fell asleep for like 10 minutes. she   then took a big morning nap. I think it is hunger. thanks. hopefully it will pass....

Offline allyson

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 4
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2006, 14:07:28 pm »
she did it again today. woke at 5:32 am. She ate a ton yesterday and I do not do a dreamfeed. we put ehr to bed earlier last night at 6:30pm because she was tired and still woke at 5:30am. I even went in at 4:45 and did wake to sleep and it did not work. I think I am going to try and play with bedtime for a while and see if I should move it later. she is getting 11 hours which is good, but I need to adjust it and having a hard time. I'll try 15 minute increments and try and feed her a bottle downstairs so she does not fall asleep while feeding her. I guess it is patience. I left her in her crib today until 5:50am and she was fine. I just don't want to get her used to me running in right away ans feeding her because then she will have a habit to eat at 5:30.

I just hope she is not this early of a waker forever.. she naps well during the day and sleeps great at night.this is my only complaint and I gess it is a minute one. I just would love to push her wake time until 6am. 30 more minutes.

Offline allyson

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 4
« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2006, 13:53:16 pm »
all set. fixed it.. It has been lighter in themorning and that is why she has been waking earlier. I close her room darkening shades and that worked. now sleeps until 6-6:30ish. I also put her down 15 min later. thanks guys ;D

Offline teezee

« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2006, 17:18:28 pm »
congrats!!!!
Tawnya
Mommy to Alecksandria
June 11, 2005