Author Topic: HELP!!! Please HELP!!! Night waking - 13 mo. old  (Read 1049 times)

Offline lenoirsusan

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
HELP!!! Please HELP!!! Night waking - 13 mo. old
« on: March 02, 2006, 15:09:18 pm »

Hi. I'm kind of new to the board. I was on religiously several years ago when my first child was born, but haven't need as much help with my second, until now.
My 13 month old son has been waking in the night for well, 13 months!!!  But we have tried everything it seems like. For the past 2 months or so we have been just letting him cry it out. My husband can handle it, I can't. So I sleep downstairs so I won't hear him. But he still wakes almost every night. Last night he cried for an hour and a half! SCREAMED, actually. I got up to use the bathroom and heard him!

Obviously the crying it out isn't working. I have tried the pick up, put down method some in the past. My husband can't stand to do it, and while I can tolerate it better than he, I still get tired of it, or something always seems to happen that I abandon it.

Anyway, we haven't given him a bottle in the night for a long, long time. So while I do think he is hungry sometimes, I'm not sure that this is why he is waking each night. All I know is that we can't continue on like this!!!!

ANY advice would be sooooo appreciated! Thank you!!!!!

Susan

Offline Katet

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 608
  • Sydney Australia
Re: HELP!!! Please HELP!!! Night waking - 13 mo. old
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2006, 04:18:10 am »
Well CIO hasn't worked. So it sounds like he really does have a need in the night.

If it was me, I'd camp down on the floor of his room & spend time with him, firstly to re-build the relationship that CIO would have damaged & secondly then you can see if there is a real 'cause to it'... maybe he gets cold, maybe it is thirst & water will help.

Apart from you being there with him, I can't really apart from pu/pd offer any suggestions & if you can't follow through with pu/pd 100% of the time then I wouldn't suggest you do that.
dc1 July 03, dc2 May 05