Author Topic: Please HELP! Won't sleep, been going on for days  (Read 1084 times)

Offline Kori

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 2
Please HELP! Won't sleep, been going on for days
« on: March 03, 2006, 02:59:16 am »
Guys, I am so stressed out over here. I normally have a great sleeper, then came Monday night. My dd just wouldn't sleep. She didn't want to play or anything so at 11:30 I finally took her into the guest bed with me and she went to sleep, but kept waking up still. Then Tuesday she wouldn't nap. She started this new thing. She sits in her crib and nods off and as soon as she falls asleep she cries out and it wakes her up as she falls over. But I could never get her to sleep. I could tell that she was started to get sick. Then Tuesday night I put her to bed around 6:45 (normal 7:15) and couldn't get her to sleep until 7:30,  but then she woke up at 8:30 and we did the same thing until 2AM!!!! Finally then I brought her to my bed and she slept til 5AM. Then couldn't get back settled. Wednesday she did the same thing where she wouldn't lay down. I finally laid her on my chest later that afternoon and got her to sleep in my bed for 2 1/2 hours. Oh and she did officially get a cold which is what the doctor thinks is the problem. Last night she finally slept great...12 hours, but then today it started all over. She wouldn't nap and now is in there doing her sitting thing for the past hour. I can tell it will be a rough night ahead. PLEASE HELP!! We all need sleep. What do I do? I don't want to keep bringing her to bed. Then I am scared I will have a whole new set of problems. PLEASE!!!!!

Offline Carmela's Mom

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 9
Re: Please HELP! Won't sleep, been going on for days
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2006, 11:39:25 am »
Is there anyway she has an ear infection?  My daughter reacts similarly when she has one.

Offline Kori

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 2
Re: Please HELP! Won't sleep, been going on for days
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2006, 14:51:20 pm »
No ear infection. I took her to the dr and they did say she had a slight cold. Last night got worse. I will say I think I the cause is scared. We are in the process of moving. I am leaving her room until the day before but boxes are going up everywhere and I started packing the day she started doing this, Monday. We leave in a week in half. After not taking a nape yesterday she would not go down. I fought with her until 10:00 when I brought her to my bed and she instantly fell asleep. I let her sleep for 15 min and then took her to her own crib. That actually worked until 2. Then she fought til 5am when I finally let her in my bed b/c I was so tired and she is still sleeping now at almost 8. Has anyone been through this? What do I do? I feel like I am making the situation bigger but she so needs sleep. she is only 17 mo old. We are so tired around here.  ???