Author Topic: what 2 do? DS has cold an wont eat!  (Read 995 times)

Offline estherofi20

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 158
  • my gorgeous babies
what 2 do? DS has cold an wont eat!
« on: March 04, 2006, 02:30:42 am »
Hello, i have a DS who is 4MO and he has a terrible flu now, i already gave his the meds the doc gave him, but he hasn't eaten very much today, for instance he just drank 2oz at his 7:30pm bottle and, he usually takes 6 to 8oz each take (he is on a 4hour easy), i do give him a DF, usually takes 3 oz, and he doesn't wake to feed anymore until 8am, but with the amount of milk he has drank today, i know he will be hungry earlier, what should i do???? plase help!!!!

Offline Katet

• Showing Appreciation 608
  • Sydney Australia
Re: what 2 do? DS has cold an wont eat!
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2006, 05:19:02 am »
When they are sick you feed if they need it... esp as fluids are really important to a sick baby... a little & lots is what I always offer... sure it throws the routine out, but as my SIL says "you have a routine so you have something to go back to when they get well again".

Illness also makes for an unsettled night sleep, so comfort your baby as much as you can as that & fluids is what is going to help him get better

dc1 July 03, dc2 May 05

Offline estherofi20

• Showing Appreciation 158
  • my gorgeous babies
Re: what 2 do? DS has cold an wont eat!
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2006, 05:45:26 am »
thank you Katet, i guess you are right, the poor little dear feel so bad, you  just want to comnfort him... and if he want to eat in the middle of the night... well i'm gonna be up anyway uhh? ;)