Author Topic: help with night wakings  (Read 978 times)

Offline kalani04

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
help with night wakings
« on: March 04, 2006, 04:58:54 am »
After reading the post about 'teaching her baby to eat at night" I thought that may be what my problem is- my dd is 6months old and wakes to eat around 1:30 4:30 and 6am- i nurse so I am not sure how much she takes and honestly I usually fall alseep while she is nursing- how can I help to wean her from night feedings? She eats about every 2-3 hours during the day still and gets cereal in the morning and we are just about to start solids. I would love any ideas- I also have a 22 month old who wants to play at 6 am every day so needless to say I am tired!!! :) thanks for any help!
kalani

Jo-FrasersMum

Re: help with night wakings
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2006, 10:05:11 am »
Hi Kalani

Quite often the first thing you need to look at to help with night wakings is the day time routine.

I notice that you said you are still feeding DD every 2-3 hours during the day.  Most babies go to a 4 hourly feeding routine at around the 4 month mark.  If your DD is feeding every 2-3 hours she is likely snacking, meaning that she is not taking a good solid feed at each feed time.  It is like she is topping off her belly rather than filling it.  I would suggest that you have a look at moving to 4 hourly feeds during the day, to try and encourage your LO to take big feeds, which will start to eliminate the need to snack during the night as well.

I would suggest you have a look at the EASY forum for sample routines for babies around the 6 month mark.

Please let us know how you are getting on
Cheers
Jo

Offline maura

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2006, 11:43:00 am »
hello there,
Although Ive been an avid reader of Tracy's books, I'm new to this site and am unsure of how to post a question so please stick with me. I have a beautiful perfect 2.5 year old daughter who does not sleep through the night on her own. Recently I have tried the put down method and slept on the ground in her room in order to build up trust but now a month later nothing has changed she continues to wake every night and screams for me i always to go to her and sooth her by staying in her room and encourage her to go back to sleep but this is not working. Obviously the problem is with me I'm extremely tired and drained at this stage can anybody offer some advice please? I'm at my wits end and desperately need some sleep. I really don't want to do the cry it out method.