Author Topic: Everything going backwards:(  (Read 867 times)

Offline mmmmchoc

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: March 05, 2006, 22:26:54 pm »
Please help!!, I have a 6 month old son who is acting like a newborn, he used to sleep through the night and then at around three months he started waking once a night, then twice, now its every couple of hours :( he wakes up ready to play at 5:30 and no ammount of pick up put down will help!! our routine is like this:

6am: feed
8am:sleep

9am: wake feed
10am: fruit
11am:sleep

12:30:wake feed
2:30 nap

3:30:wake feed
5:30:nap

6:wake feed/solids
7pm bath, massage, feed, cuddles, bed

and then he wakes at 9, 11,12,2,4,5,5:30 AAAAAAAARRRRGGG

I have tried putting him on a 4 hr routine but he does not do the long naps to drag the feeds out, and according to the sleep info he is getting too many naps anyway???so confusing :P

I try not to feed him at night, I will not feed him from 11pm-3am, but any more than that and he is unconsolable...i have tried giving him water instead but he will not take a bottle (ive been trying twice a day since he was 3 months old :o )

any help would be great!!!

thanks

Offline LucyA

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 204
Re: Everything going backwards:(
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2006, 10:16:34 am »
Hi,

I take it he is breast fed, so it's not unusual to still be feeding a couple of times at night, but it sounds like he's started snacking a bit, particularly considering that he used to sleep through, and that could be causing the night waking.Can you stretch your ds to 4 hours, or even 3.5, during the day if you have some A time between sleeping and eating? Also, can you stretch his A times a little? My ds is almost 6 months, and usually goes around 2.5 hours between sleeps.

It does seem like he has a lot of day sleep, my ds does well on 2.5-3 hours during the day. Your ds is getting about 14 hours in every 24 (if my maths is correct!), but because he's getting about 4 hours during the day, that could be causing the early wakings - he is just fully rested at 5.30am.

I think if you stretch his A times out, and also stretch his daytime feeds out, he should take more each feed and so go longer stretches at night again.

Finally, does he fall asleep independently?
Lucy