Author Topic: Has anyone got a Vegetable lasagne recipy for 8 month old  (Read 2299 times)

Offline alison toms mum

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 40
  • my little bundles of trouble
Has anyone got a Vegetable lasagne recipy for 8 month old
« on: March 07, 2006, 09:30:24 am »
Yesterday i gave ds a bought jar of veg leagne. it basically had small squares of leasagne in a tomatoe and cheese sauce. Tom really loved it but I prefere to make my own food and not use too many jars. Anyone have a recipy simalar to this i could make myself??
Alison

Offline evanskimberley

• Showing Appreciation 118
  • Kent, GB
Re: Has anyone got a Vegetable lasagne recipy for 8 month old
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2006, 10:35:46 am »
Here's my recipe that I would use for all of us at home, but I'm sure all of it is ok for baby, I would just cut it all up really small. I use chunky veg as DD can eat this now, but if they are not even at lumoy stage you could cook the veggies and puree them and then add them to the mix!

What ever veg you want to use, (I use 1 leek, 1 pepper, some brocolli or beans - but I add meat so you'll need 2/3x as more)
1 can of chopped tomatoes
Tomato puree
herbs (dried or fresh)
Lasagna sheets

for cheese sauce
big dollop of butter/marg
plain flour
milk
cheese
black pepper

Cook veg as you like them, i stri fry mine in a bit of olive oil. Add the can of tomatoes, add tomato puree and herbs to taste. make sure mixture is runny but not too runny.

Put butter in a non-stick heavy bottom pan and melt, take off the heat. Add enough flour to make in to a thick paste. Put back on the heat and whilst stirring, add enough milk to form a runny paste. Keep strirring, add about200ml more milk, wait until it thicken slightly, add more milk for a runny sauce, add grated cheese and pepper to taste.

In a square or rectangle oven proof dish, put half of the veg/tomato mixture, put lasgana sheets on top to cover, pour over rest of sauce, cover again with lasagna sheets and top with cheese sacue. Cover with foil, bake in ovn for 20 mins, remove foil and cook till the pasta is soft.

sorry for all the vague/non existent measurements, I've really just made it up over the years and don't measure out any more. Post back specific questions if it doesn't make sense!! :D
Kimberley

Offline Caroline-Charlies Mummy

• Showing Appreciation 315
  • Charles Arthur 23rd March 2005
    • Twitter
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2006, 12:15:19 pm »
Hi Kimberley, that sounds gorgeous, and I will be making that if you don't mind ;)

Just wanted to add a note of caution though - I made a casserole the other day, and used a can of chopped tomatoes in it. Ds liked (OK, tolerated ::)) it, but the day after started the nappy rash from hell. I'm pretty sure it was the tomatoes (they are pretty acidic, especially the canned ones). Might be worth trying him with them first, before he has a full meal with them (unlike I did :P :-[).

HTH
Caroline :)

"Mama exhorted her children at every opportunity to 'jump at de sun.' We might not land on the sun, but at least we would get off the ground." -- Zora Neale Hurston

Offline evanskimberley

• Showing Appreciation 118
  • Kent, GB
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2006, 19:36:44 pm »
Good point Caroline, Holly has never had a problem with tomatoes, good job really as we have them a lot!
Kimberley