Author Topic: I've created a monster!  (Read 983 times)

Offline lisi's mum

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 155
I've created a monster!
« on: March 08, 2006, 08:31:59 am »
We were doing so well...

ok our living set up isn't really conducive to good sleep for any of us: for the time being we're in a tiny apartment with the LO sleeping in an old and creaky bassinet next to us and often in our bed when the creaking was keeping everybody awake ::) but now (well, for the last 2 nights) she'd decided night time is party time.

I'll go through the list of questions asked for.

She's 4 1/2 months

day routine (on "normal" days though this often varies a little)

Wake 6:45 -7 and feed
A
S 9 - 11
feed, A
S 13-15
E
A
S 4:45 or 5 for 45 mins
E 5:45-6ish
A then bath, top up feed and bed at about 7

dream feed (which she wakes for hearing me come into the room for bed) between 10 & 11

She'll wake at between 1:30 and 2:30 and again at around 5:30 - 6 to eat which I can live with, I think with co-sleeping it would be unrealistic to expect more.

Naps are quite good, she needs a little help to get through 45 mins (usually shove her dummy in as soon as she stirs and she does the rest).

She's breastfed on one side per feed and a quick eater taking max 15 mins.

When she wakes at night she's usually smiling and singing. Grrr. Well, that's better than crying I guess! Try settling her with her dummy, giving her lovie, turning her over (sleeps mostly on her side) and ssh-pat.

This waking happened once before when she was trying to get her hands together, she seems to practice in her half sleep keeping us awake. She's now trying to roll over. I'm sure she wasn't awake the whole time between midnight and 5 last night, me either, but it felt like it. The bassinet was terribly irritating, and a wiggling baby next to me kicking me in the stomach wasn't much better.

On to my question...

yesterday, and so far today she's seriously crabby and clingy. No wonder, she's hardly slept. She wants to sleep more that normal during the day, showing tired signs after just an hour. Should I put her down as normal as soon as I see them or try and stretch her back to her normal 2 hours of awake time and try and distract her?

I'm sure it's just a developmental glitch, but I don't want to make things any worse!

Sorry this is so long!

Thanks,
Katie

« Last Edit: March 08, 2006, 09:29:17 am by lisi's mum »
Katie

Offline LŠuren

• Showing Appreciation 206
  • yummy!!
Re: I've created a monster!
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2006, 09:24:06 am »
lisi's mum
My DS is 5.5month on Monday he rolled from back to front (I missed it) and yesterday from front to back twice. The last 2 days he has also been 'cingy' or certainly wanting more attention and whinges (aargh it is awful!). He also has been taking longer than normal naps and displays tired signs before normal - I have just been trying to extend bmaybe 15mins and put him down to bed. You have to see what works for you and DD, either extend or put her down right away iof it will lead to a meltdown situation.

So I am putting it down to the new and exciting rolling he has figured out how to do, although only 3 times in total.

Lauren x
Lauren x

Offline lisi's mum

• Showing Appreciation 155
Re: I've created a monster!
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2006, 09:43:36 am »
It's not the day time I'm so worried about (except that she's driving me mad whining the whole time 'cause she's tired having slept so badly at night) but the fact that I've hardly slept in the last two nights for longer than an hour at a time. It's all a bit of a blur and would love just a couple hours deep sleep!

She used to be so nice, do they really have to learn how to roll and stuff?  ;)

Katie
Katie