Author Topic: chiopractic cure  (Read 1061 times)

Offline bobby's mama

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 26
  • Boca Raton, FL USA
    • My Expanding Life Blog
chiopractic cure
« on: March 09, 2006, 22:39:19 pm »
Has anyone heard of chiropractors curing allergies?  I saw a post where Deb mentioned it and I've heard of it before but I wonder if anyone has done it or known anyone who has? Do you know much about what they do? 

I have heard there is a chiropractor near me that does the "allergy cure" but I have to admit I'm a little sceptical.  After doing the skin allergy test and finding out that Liam is definitely allergic to wheat, egg and a high reaction on peanuts  :o (closest thing to scared) I'm about ready to try anything.
Lisa ~~~~ 
Mama to:

Offline LisbonMom

• Ah ... where would I be without my BW community?
  • Showing Appreciation 94
  • Mom, doula, writer and babywhisperer
    • Doula in Lisbon, Portugal
Re: chiopractic cure
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2006, 23:51:13 pm »
Don't really know much, but I was talking to one that visited our church and he mentioned great things that they're doing with asthma :o, which seems equally odd. I guess they're finding out more and more about how our bodies work. Some say that allergies and conditions like eczema and asthma are the body's way of reacting because something is wrong inside, not as a reaction to something from the exterior, if I'm making any sense.
Sara

Come over to the Dark Side, we have popcorn.

Offline Tonya

• Showing Appreciation 252
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2006, 00:30:59 am »
I haven't heard about the allergies connection, by my chiropractor is a very religious man (which in my area at least, all of them are) and he believes that our bodies have the ability to heal themselves of many ailments (not all of course) and that our spines and skeletol structure dictate how the rest of our body feels.

When ds was suffering horribly with reflux, and not sleeping at all, my dad's secretary suggested that maybe he was "out of whack" from his traumatic birth(suctioned via a c - he was STUCK badly :-( )
He had one session wtih the chiro, and slept 9 straight hours that night.  The sleeping didn't continue as well, but after every session we knew he'd have a FULL nights sleep.

I'm still seeing him - I'll bring up the allergy connection.  Ds is scheduled for allergy testing in 2 weeks, as his just seem to be getting worse no matter what I do. 

I would just LOVE not to have him on meds anymore...seems like he's been on some med his whole life, poor baby. :(

Well, I'll be watching this thread with interest!!! 

(oh, and my chiro even has a stop smoking treatment that I am sending my dad to!!  We'll see I guess!)
Tonya
Mom to Nathan - "Chunky Butternut", 02/18/04
           Madison - "Princess Pea", 11/29/06

Offline bobby's mama

• Showing Appreciation 26
  • Boca Raton, FL USA
    • My Expanding Life Blog
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2006, 13:25:51 pm »

I would just LOVE not to have him on meds anymore...seems like he's been on some med his whole life, poor baby. :(

I know what you mean.  DS has been on steriods oral or topical, antibiotics, Zyrtec, Singulair, antibiotic creams etc. for most of his life.  He was also on reflux meds as a baby.  I am just so ready to get rid of the medicines.  Nothing really helps that much anyway! 
Lisa ~~~~ 
Mama to: