Author Topic: Newborn who cries through naptime.....HELP!!!  (Read 720 times)

Offline trys7392

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Newborn who cries through naptime.....HELP!!!
« on: March 11, 2006, 02:22:22 am »
I am trying to use the sh/pat on my newborn (she is 3 weeks old and has pretty much established a routine for herself...awake about every 
3 hours).  She sleeps when we use props (rocking, etc).  We are trying to work on her getting to sleep by herself.  Started this today.  She was up from 2 am-6:30 am....screaming and crying, nothing would soothe her.  She only got in 1 nap today.  She screamed and cried through the entire rest of her "naptime".  Now it is bedtime, I was feeding her and she fell asleep at the breast and would not wake up for anything.  What am I doing wrong?  I cannot keep going on with days like this....screaming for 2 1/2 hours each nap time and throughout the night. 
She is a spirited/touchy baby.  Any advice would be much appreicated!!!!
Cheyennne's Mommy!!

Offline JennŠ

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 513
  • Whispering since 2005. :)
Re: Newborn who cries through naptime.....HELP!!!
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2006, 17:46:59 pm »
Three weeks is a bit young for sleep training.  They are still trying to get used to a huge new world.  So no, you are not doing anything wrong.    :)    What comes to mind is that she may not feel well.  Ear infection?  She is too young to "know"  that ear pulling helps.  Mine had one around that time and that's how she acted.  Reflux or constipated?  Although I don't hear about much constipation in bf babes...  Is there a weekend clinic to visit?   
 When you're soaring through the air, I'll be your solid ground.  Take every chance you dare.  I'll still be there when you come back down.