Author Topic: 9 month old waking up at 3-4 am! UGH!  (Read 2270 times)

Offline cam621

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
9 month old waking up at 3-4 am! UGH!
« on: March 11, 2006, 14:18:43 pm »
My dd has been waking up the last three "nights" at 3-4 am.  Not sure why since she usually drinks about 6-7oz of formula at around 6:30pm before bed.  She has been sick though and we had fed her during the nights because she definitely wasn't eating enough during the day so we made an exception of feeding her whenever she woke up.  However, before this we didn't ever feed her at night.  Do you think she is used to feeding at night now and is waking up out of habit?  Or could it be that isn't resettling herself? 

Here is her schedule and you can tell me if that has anything to do with it:  (the only thing that concerns me about her schedule is that she can't seem to stay awake in the morning after her wake up for more than an hour and a half.  I know she should at least be up for 2 hours so not sure if that is affecting anything.  Here goes:

6:30 wakeup, bottle
8:00-8:15 nap
10-10:30 wakeup
10:30 bottle
12:30-1 nap
this is where it gets tricky, she may take a 1/2 hr to an hour and a half nap, you just never know
2:30 bottle
4ish maybe nap?  sometimes not.
6-6:30 bedtime routine, bottle
6:30-7 bed

Any suggestions???  Thanks a lot!

Offline ry,cait&alex

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 135
  • The Royal court
Re: 9 month old waking up at 3-4 am! UGH!
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2006, 15:17:56 pm »
The cold may have something to do with it....when Cait was sick in January, she would NOT sleep through the night but insisted on feeding (she turned 9 months yesterday), but I would feed her, I figured the milk would help keep her energy up to fight off the RSV  ::)  But as soon as we got over that, boom...she went right back to sleeping through the night on her own.

Now....what I have been noticing is that she nearly wakes up every morning 12 hours from her last bottle/solids.  I do bottle/solids at breakfast lunch and dinner, and she has a "snack" bottle at around 4.  So I am thinking I need to start pushing her dinner till later so that she will sleep longer.  I am NOT  a morning person....but my children insist on it!  ;)

Do you do solids?  Are you tanking her up before bed?  I have also found that a bottle alone will NOT get Cait through the night for dinner.  She will wake up early...and I can't blame her, she's hungry.  Your routine sounds pretty pat and sounds quite similar to ours (if you can call what we have a routine).  I will check back and see if you get this post.

b

Brandy-
Super Mommy to Ryan,Cait and Alex!!!!