Author Topic: bath time  (Read 1174 times)

Offline malakais mommy

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: March 13, 2006, 16:20:56 pm »
how often should i bathe my 2 month old?ive heard every day,every 2 days ,every 3 days...and he loves bath time so much(even at this early age) should i do it during the day as part of his activity or at night b4 bedtime?also fyi he wears casts so i sponge bathe him,between casts i let him take a bath in the tub with daddy...(he gets casts off then on every 2 weeks,he was born with clubfeet)

Offline maggieruth

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 251
Re: bath time
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2006, 22:25:19 pm »
the reason we do baths at bedtime is because it helps stretch out the last few activity minutes of our son's day which would otherwise be pretty fraught and crazy.  Ethan loves his bath too.  i am certain that babies don't need a bath daily but am also certain that it sure helps them get ready for bed (well, most of them)
BTW, i work with a gang of physios who do casting for clubfeet and from what i have seen it works REALLY well!  good luck!

Offline ryan's mum

• Showing Appreciation 374
  • North Wales U.K
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2006, 22:33:30 pm »
we used to bath every night as part of wind down before bed , they don't need to be bathed every night , it's up to you . we now bath every other night . if he loves his bath and you have time , not too tired then i would bath him every night .
  hope i'm not being nosey , but why is it that they cast for 2 wks then off for 2 wks ? how long does he have to have this done for ?
[img width= height=]http://tac.families.com/tickers/tdb.php?tid=1032165&ignore=1[/img]Ryan James 9 Nov 2003

[img width= height=]http://lafemmebonita.com/blinkies//Pregnancy%20and%20Babies/ILoveMySon.gif[/img]

son , I may have silver in my hair but you are the gold in my heart .

Offline *Natasha*

• Showing Appreciation 223
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2006, 22:58:24 pm »
I agree with both posts i think it is a great way to help strech out A time and wind down before bed epsecially if your little loves them. Alot of people only do bath every second day but my DD LOVES the water and her baths so she has always had one since the day after she was born.

Natasha proud Mum to:

My big princess Catherine 7/8/05
My little princess Mirelle 17/10/07

Offline malakais mommy

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2006, 17:32:21 pm »
he doesnt get casts on for 2 weeks and then off for 2 weeks,...he gets new ones put on every 2 weeks..sorry for the confusion...sometimes if his skin is severly irritated they give him a break for a few days to a week or so...thats when he gets to bathe with daddy..(he holds him while i bathe him..its hard for me to hold him and bathe him by myself ,im afraid i would slip and fall while i am holding him....)