Author Topic: 10 weeks- sleeps from 7p.m til 2 am, then not quite until 6.30/7 am ???  (Read 1040 times)

Offline MrsGoose

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Hi everybody.

I have read many books and don´t like a lot of them as I think neither extreme clock watching nor total demand feeding are right. I suppose there is no right or wrong anyway.
But I REALLY LIKE Tracy´s approach.
My little man has been on a great routine right from birth with 4 hours in between day feeds pretty much from the beginning.
Now I put him to bed around 7 pm and he falls asleep easily, and then needs another feed around 1 or 2 am.
I have tried dreamfeeds but he just isn't interested at that time of the night and wakes around 2 or 3 anyway.
It is ok for me to get up once during the night, the only problem we have is that then he doesn't  quite make it until his morning wake time, which I would like to be between 6 and 7 am.
He generally wakes around 5 am really wanting a feed. Normally I would feed him normally, treat it as a night feed and then put him back down, only to awake him around 6.30 for his proper morning feed.
Now I assume that he will eventually manage to go from 1 or 2 am until 7 no problem and again éventually should not need his night feed anymore.
Anyone with similar issues, anyone who thinks I could change something. Am I expecting too much of a 10 week old???
JUST CURIOUS!!!

Lots of love from Austria

Mrs.Goose
"A Child is love made visible"

Jo-FrasersMum

Hello Mrs Goose :)

I think your DS is on a GREAT routine and waking at 2 and 5 at his age is just about spot on.  Yes, eventually he will drop that extra feed - usually what they do is push the first feed of the night a little later (like around 3.30 or 4) and then will not need to wake that second time before morning wake up time.  That will all happen in time.

Just as a reminder though, there will be times when your DS wakes more frequently during the night for feeds - that will be during his growth spurts.  Don't panic when that happens, just respond, feed him as you need to and then try to increase his feeds during the day to make up for the extra fuel that he requires.

You are doing a great job.
Good luck (from Australia  :D)
Jo

Offline Sherri123

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
HI Ethan is 12wks old and pretty much has the exact same routine as your LO...Sounds like we are doing ok though, i know its hard not getting enough sleep  but i think we just have to be patient ..we try to give him a dreafeed but hes usually pretty sleepy and it takes quite a long time maybe we should just skip it also??mmmm??
Sherri