Author Topic: I don't know what's going on, need help!  (Read 982 times)

Offline ~Jency's*Momma~

• ~Adria
  • BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 33
    • WAHM
I don't know what's going on, need help!
« on: March 19, 2006, 16:07:15 pm »
I didn't know if I should post this here or night wakings so I did both. Sorry!

Jency normally wakes up between 7-7:30 has 3 meals of 3oz has one snack fo 1oz, BF 4x during day, has 2 naps =3hours, bed between 7:30-8:00, DF 10pm 4-5oz, then wakes once to nurse.

Night #1
Woke 3 times and nursed was up 30 min at one point.
Day#1
Normal routine to a T!!
Night #2
Slept all night (First time ever!!!!  Woke 2x but put self back to sleep)
Day#2
Woke up 6am, 45 min morning nap, 1.5 hour afternoon nap, nursed ever 3 hours (5x), DF only 3oz
Night #3
Slept all night (woke 2x put self back to sleep)
Day#3
woke up 6:30am (had MOPS group) slept 30 min on the way, slept 30 min home, slept 1 hour in afternoon (really late nap though 4pm-5pm), nursed every 3 hours, DF 30 min early took 3oz
Night #4
Slept all night ("     ")
Day #4
woke up 6:30am, Normal routine, but no 1oz snack, had 3.5 hours of nap
Night #5
DF 6oz (drained bottle, may have taken more if offered), woke at 3:45am starving (tried orajel and what not still crying even holding.  Attacked sippy cup of water)
Day#5
(today)  Up 7:15, Nurse 7:30, 8:00 breakfast 4oz!!! (now we have church so I can't work on his routine )

My question.  I don't know.  I don't know what to even ask I'm so confused.  Can any one make heads and tails of this?  I would like him to have his normal routine and sleep all night.  I was going to start taking the DF out since he was only taking 3oz and sleeping until 6:30ish but after last night I don't know. 

Here's what I would like

7:30 Up and nurse
8:00 breakfast
9:30/10:00 nap for 1-1.5 hours
11:00 up and nurse
1:00 lunch
2:00 nap for 1.5 hours
3:30 up and snack (nurse)
6:00 dinner
7:30/8:00 bath, nurse, story and bed
Asleep around 8:30
~Adria, wife to Paul 9/7/02
Momma to Jency 6/30/05 & Tesher 12/31/08

Offline teezee

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 157
Re: I don't know what's going on, need help!
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2006, 06:05:25 am »
adria - it seems to me that jency's A time could be a bit longer, and nap time could be a bit shorter. all of those wakings are definately not ALL due to hunger (if any of them) as i think it would be more due to amount of daytime sleep/amount of A time.  i know that at that age alecks would sometimes go up to 5hrs without a feeding and if she was ok with that i was ok with that - that's just the way the routine fell on some days, she would have a longer A time and a nap and by the time she woke it was 5 hrs.  it does seem his dinner is a little on the late side considering he is bf at 3 ish.  i don't know if this would make any difference but why don't you try keeping your feeding times consistently the same time apart all day long.  may be worth a shot??!!  say 1hr between bf and solids all day...or 1 1/2 hrs...just make it the same for all meals.

another thing - you really may want to cut out that df. i know i have spoken to you about it before and you had a hard time cutting it down but i think right now it is contributing to the wakings BIG TIME!  have you tried just cutting it out cold turkey?  i wouldn't suggest this necessarily but i know that you have tried weaning slowly and that hasn't worked for jency - what about forfeiting it for a few nights and seeing what happens?...along with cutting down the other feedings...you are still doing that too right? consistency is VERY important or jency will never know what to expect.  tracy does suggest cutting out the df by 7 months...maybe this is a positive road to look at?!
Tawnya
Mommy to Alecksandria
June 11, 2005