Author Topic: Activity time for 10 week old  (Read 950 times)

Offline melbrad

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: March 20, 2006, 13:58:08 pm »
It seems our activity time is so short.  It take anywhere from 30-40 minutes for me to feed her.  It seems her cue is about 1 hr. and 15 minutes after she wakes.  This gives only (at best) 35 minutes of playtime. Does this sound normal? ???

Offline becky1969

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 230
  • my favorite thing
Re: Activity time for 10 week old
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2006, 23:20:34 pm »
I sure hope someone responds to you because I was going to ask a very similar question!

We have a 12 week old (tomorrow!). I find that if I don't have him in his crib and ready to sleep by 1 hr 15 minutes, then he is overtired and tough to put to sleep. That means we have to start wind down at 1 hour on the dot, so we are really only getting about 15 minutes of fun, as I've been finding we need about 15 minutes to transition from fun/activity to bed time for best results. If I don't get him in his bed by the 1 hr 15 min mark I find that at 45 minutes on the dot he startles with a cry and I have to shush pat him back to sleep. However, If I have him ready to sleep by that time ( or even earlier) he goes right to sleep easily on his own, sleeps 1.5-2 hours without a peep. I've been worrying that our A time is too short, yet clearly he's overtired if we go longer than that.

Right now I'm boiling our Level 2 nipples because our E time has really started getting too long, and I think it's because he's ready to upgrade the nipple. I don't know if you BF or FF, but maybe that's something you could look into too. I'll let you know if the new nipples cut down on our E time and let us have some more A.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2006, 23:22:32 pm by becky1969 »
Owen, 12/28/05 7 lb 2 oz

Enjoying the toddler years!

Offline melbrad

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2006, 15:40:07 pm »
I BF, but I have noticed that she's becoming more efficient at the breast.  We avg. 30 minutes now.  I believe activity time is going to get longer as she feeds in less time, but I wasn't sure if my lo was on target?