Author Topic: 4 month old baby on easy for 5 days-mom needs help  (Read 792 times)

Offline phoebe821

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 1
4 month old baby on easy for 5 days-mom needs help
« on: March 20, 2006, 19:40:50 pm »
I have a four month old son and up until a week ago I breastfed him on demand(I charted it to be 8x's a day),I swaddled him,he went to bed at 7:30 and took 2-3 45-an hour naps a day often on the go in the car seat as I have a four year old as well. Oh he was also in a bassinet next to my bed. He used to wake for a night time feed after a sound sleep of between 4 and 8(one time only). He would then get up every 2-3 1/2 hours until 5am when he would wake even more frequently until rising at 6. I would hold off feeds until 3 to 4 hours and try to reswaddle and rock him back to sleep in his bassinet until then. I realized I had to stop swaddling or I was going to have to keep fixing it and he is getting older and I put him inj a crib still next to my bed and read The baby whisperer solves all your problems. I am trying to follow it as closely as is humanly possible and am a nervous wreck. After 4-5 days of following the schedule my son still gets up from naps after 45 mins. and I do PU/PD and shush-pat. The first few days were really tough one nap I spent over an hour and fifteen mins. and then nap time was up so Istoped. It was a dreadful exhausting tearful time. The last couple of days he is still waking but easier to put back. It is still very tiring for me. Will his naps extend to at least an hour and a half without so much intervention from me? Also and even more exhausting are the nights . Last night he went to bed at 7:30 and woke at 10:30 I used shush-pat and  after a few mins he went back and then I woke him for the dream feed at 11 and he woke again at 1;30,4, and finally at 5:15 at which time I did PU/PD and shush;pat until he was soaked with pee at 6 so I changed him tried the 4S until 7 with no sleep on his part. He seems to waking even more since I began easy and I am so exhausted and a nervios wreck. He never really cried before this and I'm not very good at tolerating crying. It is also very hard work getting up every time and leaning over the crib to do thePU/PD and the shush-pat. I'm also afraid I'll injure him with all this patting. My goal with easy was to have him sleep through the night or alot of it and to niurse him on a more regular schedule. Will it all come together? Please help me. Phoebe. 

Offline chell

• When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace.
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 94
Re: 4 month old baby on easy for 5 days-mom needs help
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2006, 22:57:32 pm »
Hi Phoebe, What a tough time you are having. I can really empathise with you. I don't have much time right now, but will get back to you as soon as I can. You will work things out with the support of us here. Things are going to get better, but we need to chat more so that you know exactly what your plan is to get things to change. You must be feeling so exhausted. Hang in there.

chell :D
An obedient soldier fights a fools war

[img=http://www.images/t4.gif=http://www.images/t4.gif]http://www.babywhis