Author Topic: am i wrong to want to bottle feed from birth?please help!  (Read 3485 times)

Offline * Paula *

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 426
Re: am i wrong to want to bottle feed from birth?please help!
« Reply #15 on: March 23, 2006, 19:56:23 pm »
I too did not even try to breastfeed.  I was also throughout my pregnancy tugging with whether I was going to breastfeed or not and when I went into the delivery room the Nurse asked me if I wanted to Breast or Bottle feed, and the word Bottle just came out of my mouth.  The nurse asked me is I was sure that she could not change my mind, and I said no Bottle, and that was it - I have never looked back.

My lo is now 8 months and is a health 21lbs 8oz.  He has not been sick - besides suffering from constipation, and is one of the happiest babies I have seen.  He is thriving, and I do not think that him missing out on breast milk has done him any harm.

What I am trying to say is - go with what you want to do - He/She will be your child and only you and your husband can make the decisions - don't let anyone pressure you into making a decision that you don't want to do.

The good thing about bottle feeding with us was that DP could do his fair share of night feeds so I could get a bit of sleep.

Let us know what you decide to do.  You will not be judged on this site.

Take care

x
Thomas Michael - 12 July 2005
Abigail Louise - 23 October 2007

Offline estherofi20

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 158
  • my gorgeous babies
« Reply #16 on: March 24, 2006, 00:50:07 am »
Sweetie, there is NOTHING WRONG with not wanting to breast feed, i didn't BF at all and 'cause i didn't want to, it was a really personal thing for me,  it really bother me just the thought of it, so i asked the Ped. and he said "its better to give a well given bottle, than a bad given breast", what good would i have done my LO, feeling so discussed about it, so he has been Formula feed since birth and there is nothing wrong with. People did look at me like i was crazy, but i stood my ground. HEY its my breast, not theirs. so please do whatever you feel confortable with, and DON'T let anybody look at you like you are a bad mother or anything!!!!!!! YOU GO GIRL!!!!!!!

Offline vibha

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #17 on: April 01, 2006, 13:29:19 pm »
thank u all for all ur advice....
cheers,
vibha.