Author Topic: 8 month old waking twice and half crying also does a poo at night  (Read 853 times)

Offline RuthT

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Hi any advice will be greatfully recieved.

I have a lo girl of 8 months old who I put into nursery three weeks ago. Just before started nursery was sleeping through from 7pm to 7am then started to wake once a night having done a poo at 2pm.  Then I transitioned her into nursery and it has got even worse.  She was really ill for over a week, and now wakes at least twice a night at 2pm and 4pm and sort of half cries/babbles on a low monotone, this can go on for hours this then ascends into crying.

She has always tended to cry when she wakes from naps and night sleeping

8 months old little girl
Routine is normally a 45 min nap at 9am ish with a 2 hour nap at lunch, she has struggled to keep to this at nursery but is getting 3 hours there just over about 4 naps
At weekends naps really well in cot but this has no effect that evening
Bedtime routine is 5pm snack 6.15 bath, 6.45pm milk (up to 8floz) 7/7.15 bed; sometimes play music to dream to cd
Bottlefed 4 times a day
2 - 3 wakings at night 1pm/2pm/4pm
When she wakes up at night - Awake eyes open, looking for parent, plays with toys, arms outstreched, does not look happy
When we go in she is crying and v difficult to settle.
Use PD for 8 months old with talking to her which calms her but as soon as you leave room she starts the cry/babble which then ascends into crying
Do not do activity time at night
She can get onto all fours and rock but cannot crawl or bring self to sitting or standing position
She has a lovie which we give to her to settle her at night

Offline teezee

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 157
Re: 8 month old waking twice and half crying also does a poo at night
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2006, 05:04:20 am »
bump
Tawnya
Mommy to Alecksandria
June 11, 2005

Offline teezee

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 157
Re: 8 month old waking twice and half crying also does a poo at night
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2006, 05:05:23 am »
i am sorry i don't think i can really be of much help as i have no experience in daycare/nursery - dd is with me all day long so i can control how her routine goes. hopefully someone else will have some advice for you.
Tawnya
Mommy to Alecksandria
June 11, 2005