Author Topic: Stretching awake time  (Read 940 times)

Offline katriona

• where's me cuppa?
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 108
  • mmm... marmite!
    • find madeleine
Stretching awake time
« on: March 23, 2006, 20:07:59 pm »
Hi all,

I'd be grateful if you could point me to the thread (I'm assuming there must be one) that discusses methods in which to stretch awake time, i.e. keeping our LOs up as much as they can stand for progressively longer periods, but yet not crossing into the overtiredness zone. I'm not making any progress, just seem to be making DS miserable  :'( I know that not all babies can switch to longer EASYs by themselves, so I'm hoping that there's experiences from some of you that have had to help.

Thanks so much!

Mrs. B.

Offline *Natasha*

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 223
Re: Stretching awake time
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2006, 22:20:40 pm »
Everyone has different ways of extending awake time as all babies can handle different things. When i extended my DD's awake time i did it in 15min lots as she was able to handle this. In that extra 15mins i spent with her doing very low key things i found she ajusted very quickly to the extension of awake time i was able to do it in a week. However if you think your little one can't handle that then do it in 5 or 10min lots over 4-5 days and then increase again.
Can you post your current day so i can give you some advice on how you could extend awake time and let me know what you want to extend awake time to.

Natasha proud Mum to:

My big princess Catherine 7/8/05
My little princess Mirelle 17/10/07