Author Topic: Need to switch formula again... it STINKS so bad  (Read 2822 times)

Offline Shdef

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 419
Need to switch formula again... it STINKS so bad
« on: March 24, 2006, 20:51:36 pm »
Hello,

Here the formulas we had:

Hipp HA1 (suitable from birth for babies with high allergy risk) used that from when he was 6 weeks
Hipp HA2 (follow-on-milk, suitable from 4 months, advised by the doctor) used that from when he was 4 month, 10 pu££

both of these are VERY expensive £10 for one packet which he ate in 4 days the packet was small as well)

Since he was 6 months he doesn't need hypoallergenic formula anymore so we switched to Milupa Aptamil follow-on-milk. I thought it was better because of the LCP and the omega3 oils.

The problem is... t stinks so bad I can't cope with it. I am disgusted by anything fishy, and I think that it is a bit fishy smelling. It feels horrible not liking how your baby smells, I want to love his smell, it is important to me and I think it has a deep psychological meaning that mums just find the smell of their baby delicious.

So I will switch to Hipp Organic (not hypoallergenic) even if it is without LCP...

Is that alright or am I just selfish? He seems to be alright with the switch although the Aptamil is much thinner than Hipp and he is not quite as happy after a feed.

Would you change?

Offline Lªuren

• Showing Appreciation 206
  • yummy!!
Re: Need to switch formula again... it STINKS so bad
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2006, 21:53:27 pm »
Hi Scott's Maw

I also use Aptimel, we've gone through stages 1, 2 &  now 3. I haven't tried anything else. So, I haven't noticed there is a bad smell and I HATE fish.

I remember giving DS a Heinz jar of cod & potatoes, because it was free in my bounty pack. I couldn't go near him after that for hours  :o :'( :'( :'( Needless to say he's not getting that again.

I think you need to do what is right for you and your LO. Have you looked at any of the other follow on milks available?
Lauren x

Offline Shdef

• Showing Appreciation 419
Re: Need to switch formula again... it STINKS so bad
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2006, 22:24:00 pm »
Thanks for the answer :)

It IS important to find your baby's smell delicious isn't it?

We live 50% of the time in Scotland and 50% in Germany, so we can only use Formula that we can buy in BOTH countries because we just can't travel with a two months supply of formula and we like to be able to buy it in both countries. With Hipp HA 1 and 2 we could only buy it in Germany and it was a LOT of bother.

So the two ones are Milupa and Hipp. Cow and Gate isn't available in Germany, neither is SMA or any of the other British labels. Hipp and Milupa ARE German so that's lucky.