Author Topic: activities a 6 mo old can do alone.. and for how long?  (Read 1007 times)

Offline Christa

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 50
activities a 6 mo old can do alone.. and for how long?
« on: March 27, 2006, 23:23:10 pm »
Hi All,

I am going to be starting working from home part time next week and while I will do as much as I can when ds is sleeping, I'm sure there will be times when I need to work when he is awake. Just wondering if anyone has some ideas on what he can so as to not be bored/ understimulated. We do have a bumper jumper, but that only lasts for so long. Also, what is an acceptable time to leave him playing on his own? Its just me and him during the day, we don't have family close by and I worry that he's going to spend too much time alone and become antisocial or something....

Offline *Natasha*

• Showing Appreciation 223
Re: activities a 6 mo old can do alone.. and for how long?
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2006, 00:14:20 am »
How lucky for you that you can work from home. I have just recently set up DD portable cot and bought some balls (soft plastic ones) and put them in their and strung across it her rings with lots of different toys hanging. I often sit her in that and she will happily sit in their and play for about 15mins. I find my DD will happily play on her own for anywhere from 15-30mins at a time. However she wants me to play with her more as the day goes on as she gets grumpier.

Natasha proud Mum to:

My big princess Catherine 7/8/05
My little princess Mirelle 17/10/07

Offline Colin Macs Mom

• Queen B
  • Global Moderator
  • Showing Appreciation 854
Re: activities a 6 mo old can do alone.. and for how long?
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2006, 00:47:23 am »
I would KILL to work at home. My ds is much like Natasha's, he will play on his own quite happily for 20 - 30 min in the am, but as the day goes on that time shortens so that in the evening he doesn't want to be on his own too much at all. We're working on that.  ;) So if you can do your work in the am while Harrison is awake, that might be the way to go!
Jessica
Mom to Colin Ronald, August 18, 2005
Spirited + Reflux =  :o