Author Topic: Does your lo get stuck in different positions in the crib? Here's a tip  (Read 1660 times)

Offline Gage and Sophie's Mom

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 17
  • How lucky am I?
Gage was waking several times in the night because he was getting stuck up against the bars or the corner of the crib. We took off the bumper because his face was up against it and it posed a suffaction risk.  So I rolled up some hand towels and put them under his sheet to act as speed  bumps. It works like a charm! I made sure that the towels arent real thick in case his head turns into them. One more mystery put to rest..... well until he can crawl that is.  :)

Offline sazza

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 4
awesome! thanks for that - we don't need it just yet, but i will definitely remember it for when we do  ;D
- Sarah
Aotearoa NZ

Offline Cory'stiredmommy

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 4
  • Cory'shappymom
Gage's mom...
Just the information I was looking for! My son is creeping into the top corner of the bed several times a night and crying because he is stuck. No matter where I start him in the crib he goes there... arg! Did you put these towels in a rectangle around your LO or just along the sides. My LO likes to sleep on his tummy, side and back.
Did you bumper your LO in the middle of the bed or at the top corner? Or by a side? I'm a little too tired to think on my own today:-)

• How lucky am I?
Hi. Gage sleeps on his back and in a swaddle. He scoots to his right side and up to the top right corner of the crib. I put the towels right where he would go. So one on the right hand side of him and then one up at the top right corner. They act a block between him and the crib.  ;)
I am glad I could help.

tstasko

What a great idea!! :D
 I've been unsing rolled up towels on the outside, and dd just scoots them out of the way ususally as she makes her way to the corner of the crib.. ::) - under the sheet should provide a little more stability!  Great idea, I'm trying it tonight!
Thanks!!!
Tari and Scarlett

Offline Cory'stiredmommy

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 4
  • Cory'shappymom
Perfect.. I think I may also bring back the half swaddle. That's it little Cory...  you've met your match! Game on! ;D
So glad to read your post this morning.. thank you!!!!!

Offline home alone

• Showing Appreciation 14
Just the answer I've been waiting for....
Also, Cory's mom, that photo of your son is so cute!!!
monica
http://lb1f.lilypie.com/15Anm5.png" width="400" height="80" border="0" alt="Lilypie First Birthday tickers" />[/url]

Offline Cory'stiredmommy

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 4
  • Cory'shappymom
Thanks... he's having a pretty good time!

Offline Cory'stiredmommy

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 4
  • Cory'shappymom
Good Times.... It worked for us last night. Cory didn't get jammed in the corner and only woke once (or told us...) between 11pm feed and 7am feed. Wow... sleep... that's sorta new for me ;D
Thanks Gage'sMom

• How lucky am I?
Oh I am so happy to hear that it helped you! It feels great to help someone as I have gotten so much help from this site. :)