Author Topic: Very Tired and Frustrated Mom Here!!!  (Read 1045 times)

Offline crazycanuck

• Sarah
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 16
  • my nugget - she melts my heart
Very Tired and Frustrated Mom Here!!!
« on: March 31, 2006, 12:20:44 pm »
I had it - I had it down pat!! My ds Logan was sleeping through the night - never hard to put down (I had to wait 4 months for this to happen) up early but so be it ,I resigned myself to this.  However, lately he has been a nightmare!  For about a week now - oh we went  up north to his dads about a week ago which is when this all started......hhmmmmmm....  Anyhow, he started waking during the night about 3 or 4 times - would wake and just be bawling no talking or babbling etc., bawling - so i would pick him up and sit down with him and he would stop immediately so we would sit and I would let him calm down and then as soon as I put him down he's bawling again.....so we do this off and on until he finally stays asleep and then we do it again again and again before the am!! His cheeks were really red and he was really drooling os hubby and I chalked it up to teething and medicated him etc., for this......However, we are a week later and we are starting to think this is not the case at all........He is still waking every night the hourse between 11 - 3:30 are particularily bad!!! Again he is waking bawling - then we pick him up and he settles  but now not even he just cries and cries sometimes and then when you think you have it and put him down he wakes again......and he knows how to self soothe - he goes down for his naps on his own awake and we have been doing this for awhile......So here are a few of my questions for you all - can it really be teething if he is awake and bawling and then settles when picked up?? If it's pain shouldn't he stay that way, know what I mean???  He has learned to recently roll another way - but he doesn't even do it that often.......Now to add to the story - we have been taking him to the chiro and recently to sick kids as he has torticollis and plagiocephaly - and he will be getting a helmet for his plagiocephaly - so all of this is also going on in his little life (and in ours!!!) 
I am losing my mind here - I have all this other stuff to deal with andnow I have no sleep as well but he still needs to make it to his appoint etc., Also we have noticed that maybe he has become clingy and upset when we leave the room......I don't know!!!!!!
He almost seems colicky again - its aweful!
Please help!!!

breastfed for 6 months and exclusively pumping now!!!

Offline Mom to M&M

• Showing Appreciation 128
  • Cool dude!
Re: Very Tired and Frustrated Mom Here!!!
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2006, 13:12:05 pm »
Have you introduced any new foods? Sounds like food reaction to me...
Karen: Proud Mama to Marisa (8-11-05) and Matthew (6-5-09) and happily married to my best friend and love of my life since 10-13-01

Offline crazycanuck

• Sarah
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2006, 13:17:55 pm »
nope -  no new foods - he also does seem a bit gassy as well - but I am giving him things he has already had before and he slept through the night just fine when he had them before so I don't see how it could be the food......I thought of that but as I said it doesn't make sense why all of a sudden now he would be having a hard time with them

thanks

logans mom ;D

Offline Kimberly®

• Showing Appreciation 126
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2006, 14:19:40 pm »
Might it be seperation anxiaty?? it sounds like it might be, he's the right age for it.
Is there any other symptoms?? Grabbing or pulling ear's? Rash? Fever? Anything unusual?
Kimberly

Offline crazycanuck

• Sarah
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2006, 14:31:59 pm »
my girlfriend is on the same page as you and thinks this is the possibility as well - i am going to try him down to 2 naps which he does already but not always - he also doesn't sleep for a long time before bed - he seems to have dropped the nap before he goes down so sometimes he up from anywhere between 3-4 and 7 until bed - he just won't nap here and according to length and time he should be sleeping this should be normal........I'm sure there are teeth coming but his behaviour at night doesn't seem like teething......otherwise no other symptoms like rash, pulling ears etc.,

thanks for your reply

so if it is sep anx how do i deal with this - haven't read up on it much yet........

sarah

Offline Kimberly®

• Showing Appreciation 126
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2006, 15:50:19 pm »
To be honest I don't really know. My LO hasn't hit that stage yet. Maybe some of the other sleep mods with older babies will know. I'd suggest you make a post in general sleep about it and see if maybe they can be of more help. I'm sorry I couldn't be.
Kimberly

Offline teezee

• Showing Appreciation 157
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2006, 16:10:54 pm »
could you post your routine? you said that lo is getting more than 2 naps a day still? it may be time to permanently drop the catnap - slowly but surely - this may help. he may be getting too much daysleep and having it affect his nights. if this has been an ongoing thing for some time now you may still have some wake ups and need to do a little sleep training for that.  but, in the meantime, if you post your routine i could take a closer look! :D
Tawnya
Mommy to Alecksandria
June 11, 2005