Author Topic: Ending the dreamfeed  (Read 1122 times)

Offline mk2005

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Ending the dreamfeed
« on: April 03, 2006, 09:43:31 am »
Hi there!

just a quick question ... last time I tried to end my dds dreamfeed she started to wake at night so I reintroduced it.

This time I'm taking a more gradual approach. She has only ever had a max of 4-5 ounce in this feed. I have been reducing this feed over the last couple of weeks and increasing her day time intake. I am only giving her 2 ounce now and have gradually brought the time forward to 9pm.

Where do I go from here? I was thinking of feeding at 8.45 for the next 3 nights (maybe reduce feed to 1.5ounce?) ...She normally falls asleep about 8pm... and in a few days just add an extra ounce to her last feed before bed about 7.30pm.

Do you think this will work?

Thank you!

Offline teezee

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 157
Re: Ending the dreamfeed
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2006, 13:53:53 pm »
it is worth a try!! i cannot help with a gradual weaning of the df - as a desperate effort on my part i cut it cold turkey one night and the night wakings ended :)! i think the point is to eventually get it down to the time that lo takes the last feed at bedtime, so it seems you are on the right track! btw - how old is your lo now?
Tawnya
Mommy to Alecksandria
June 11, 2005

Offline mk2005

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2006, 09:06:37 am »
Hey there!

shes almost 11months... I know I'm a little late in getting her off the dreamfeed but she has had so many periods where she has been poorly due to teething - during those periods she tends to cut her food intake right down and has had runny poos too so I kept offering the dreamfed just to keep her fluids up. She is fighting fit at the mo and taking in plenty of food during the day - a good opportunity to end the df!

I offered her 2 ounce last night at 8.45 ... she only took one ounce. I will do the same again tonight and then tomorrow will add an extra ounce to her last feed. Fingers crossed!

Offline teezee

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 157
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2006, 04:31:17 am »
good luck !! hope it all works out!! ;D
Tawnya
Mommy to Alecksandria
June 11, 2005