Author Topic: Bottle Feeding and Teething Question!  (Read 1113 times)

Offline geoffreyandme

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 1
  • Geoffrey
Bottle Feeding and Teething Question!
« on: April 05, 2006, 07:23:42 am »
Geoffrey is teething now. It seems like it's getting more and more intense..(i am surprised he is teething this early-he's only going on 5 months and was 7 weeks early, has anyone else experienced this?) He's not taking his full bottles anymore (drinks just over half or 5 oz) at each feed--should I attribute this to the teething? He basically won't take the bottle after he drinks his first bit, when i try to give him the second bit he turns away, literally turning over in his little feeding chair just to avoid the bottle. Is that normal?  He's also verrrry cranky, i am assuming this is normal too... (is there a teething board? i hope this is posted to the right section)
Any thoughts/advice greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance!
Jennifer ???

Offline LŠuren

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 206
  • yummy!!
Re: Bottle Feeding and Teething Question!
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2006, 10:52:09 am »
Jennifer
Calum does this i stages as well, the sucking action hurts their already sore gums. The only advise I can offer is rub teething gel on his gum before giving the bottle and maybe give him a 5 -10min rest before trying again.

Is he also very dribbly with possible red cheeks and chews hard on anything?

Lauren
Lauren x

Offline geoffreyandme

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 1
  • Geoffrey
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2006, 11:11:12 am »
Thanks Lauren! You are a lifesaver, thanks for all of your responses!
Is Calum's night becoming disruptive as well during these stages?  yes, cheeks and chewing on everything and drooling profusely!
i am using Teetha its homeopathic but will try it before feedings now...
Thanks again!

Offline LŠuren

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 206
  • yummy!!
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2006, 13:27:07 pm »
Jennifer
yes, Calums night sleep is being disrupted  :'( His cries are different when he wakes (he usually sleeps through) it is like a moan in pain but also tired IYKWIM. The other night he woke at 0330 and it tookme an  hour to get him back to sleep, only after bringing him in with Dh and I :'(.

I am using ANBESOL liquid, it is much better & Stronger than bongela. I also tried Ashton & Parson teething powered but the made him sick.
Lauren x

Offline LilysMum

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2006, 12:34:02 pm »
The teething gel is a great suggestion, I try Lily without it first and if she won't take the bottle then I put the gel on and try in about 10 mins.  I also use cold teethings rings that I put in the fridge - I have a good one by Nuby shaped like keys which fit in her mouth well, although she needs me to help hold it in place.
Lily is 4 mths and has been teething on and off for about 2 weeks, so its certainly not too young for your LO.  Silly me, I wasn't expecting teething and didn't click that was what was bothering her until some more experienced mum's pointed it out!