Author Topic: TEETHING AND NIGHT WAKINGS?????  (Read 1036 times)

Offline geoffreyandme

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 1
  • Geoffrey
TEETHING AND NIGHT WAKINGS?????
« on: April 05, 2006, 10:48:09 am »
My LO is just about 5 months and has never slept through the night yet. He stirs around 2 and then 330-4. We only feed him at the 330-4 wake. We had stopped feeding him at all in the night at one point and after 3 weeks of his still waking and a posting on this website we realized that he perhaps still needs that one night feed which is fine (we give him 4 oz). However, he used to just go straight back to sleep after that feed and now he tosses and turns like crazy....actually he starts this at 2ish until 5ish now that he's teething it seems. Is this normal? I give him the paci but he falls asleep and when it falls out he seems to wake a little bit later fussing because he wants it back so that doesn't work. How can I get him to sleep more soundly at night? he's on 4 hour EASY with 32 oz between 7am-7pm and gets about 2.5-3 hours of naps a day.
Can anyone give advice here? 
Thanks very much in advance!
Jennifer  :)

Offline chargerfans

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 3
  • Daniel's Mama
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2006, 14:10:55 pm »
My little guy is 8 months old and started with frequent night wakings as soon as he started really teething. He wakes up on average 3 times a night and will not resettle himself unless he sees me or nurses. Maybe your baby is also having a little separation anxiety... Everything gets thrown off when they start teething. Some kids have a harder time with it. Good luck! We are all praying for sleep someday!

Offline teezee

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 157
Re: TEETHING AND NIGHT WAKINGS?????
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2006, 14:24:11 pm »
have you tried any pain relievers (of course if you are sure it is teething) tylenol/tempra?? and if still waking at night maybe baby orajel on the gums would help - with my dd as soon as i put the orajel she goes back to sleep no problem if she's teething.
Tawnya
Mommy to Alecksandria
June 11, 2005