Author Topic: Is 6.20am still a night-waking?  (Read 3233 times)

Offline teezee

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 157
Re: Is 6.20am still a night-waking?
« Reply #15 on: April 12, 2006, 01:03:31 am »
if lo is still taking 4 naps how long is each nap - i do think that 4hrs naps is pushing it a little and maybe 3 to a max of 3.5 hrs would be better to keep the night/early wakings away kwim? at 8 months my lo could nap no more than 2.75 hrs / day so going by that i would estimate that amount for your lo - but as stacy said all lo's are different and have their own unique 'clocks' so really it will be trial and error, if you still have wakings after some time cut it down by another 15 min or so. don't be deterred by a setback or two...rome wasn't built in a day..or a week for that matter ;D keep doing what you are doing - an excellent job it is at that may i add!

i also agree with stacy as the pm nap will help your lo get that longer A time before bedtime. the morning nap is 'supposed' to be the shortest as it often looked at as an extension of night sleep and if it runs too long may also cause early wakings as lo will be making up for the lost night sleep in the morning nap.

Tawnya
Mommy to Alecksandria
June 11, 2005

Offline katriona

• where's me cuppa?
  • Showing Appreciation 108
  • mmm... marmite!
    • find madeleine
« Reply #16 on: April 12, 2006, 02:08:25 am »
omg, this is all such a science  :o it reminds me of the headaches i used to get when doing maths at school! thank you for the support and advice, you're wonderful. i will definitely check in again and let you know how things are going.

thanks so much!

Offline teezee

• Showing Appreciation 157
« Reply #17 on: April 12, 2006, 02:16:13 am »
i think we make it sound more complicated than what it really is...i hope??? anyway, you will get to know your lo and you will be fine once things start ironing themselves out - pls do keep us updated!
Tawnya
Mommy to Alecksandria
June 11, 2005