Author Topic: Help baby waking during night and routine disrupted by relative  (Read 837 times)

Offline chimpy

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0

View Profile Personal Message (Online)

Re: Please someone tell me that 4-6am crying ends some day
« Reply #8 on: Today at 07:45:06 AM »
   Reply with quote Modify message Remove message
Help! My baby is just 4 and a half months old  and i started EASY  last Monday to coincide with coming off the breast.initially there was a lot of PU/PD. but by the end of the week i felt we were making progress I was no longer having to rock her to sleep and she was sleeping during the day.My best night was Sunday when she slept from 6pm until 3am then woke for a feed.
Tuesday the problems started as she spent the day with a relative.I know that my routine was ignored and my LO didn't get her sleep and after coming back cranky and overstimulated it's been downhill ever since. She must of woke 4 times on Tuesday and Wednesday after trying PU/PD i had to feed her at 5am.Last nite was a little better typically the day has been as follows Eat 7am
                                                   Activity 715-8.30
                                                   Sleep  8.30-10.30
                                                   Eat 11am
                                                   Activity 11.15-12.30
                                                   Sleep 12.30-2.30
                                                   Activity 3pm-4.15
                                                   Sleep 4.15-5pm
                                                   Eat 6pm-6.15
                                                   Sleep 6.15pm
                                                   Eat 12-12.30
                                                   Eat 7am.
Typically my LO is eating 7oz in the morning and at each feed if not in one go ,she is fininshing it before her next nap.She will only ever take 4oz at 6pm.7oz at midnite.I have tried dream feeding but i end up waking her up.She always wakes around 3.30-4am i either PU/PD give her water which she mostly takes or for the last two nites she has definately been hungry so i have had to feed her although she would only take 40z.
My health visitor advised baby rice but so far a teaspoon at feeds has been unsuccessful.I am wondering is she going through a growth spurt?Or is that she is still in the habit of waking at about 4am because i used to breast feed her then and let her come into our bed?
I am not sure what to do when relatives take the LO for the nite or day as if they don't let her sleep she comes back miserable and my routine is out of the window.Any advice would be really appreciated as i don't want to give up on EASY. THANKS.

Offline teezee

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 157
Re: Help baby waking during night and routine disrupted by relative
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2006, 02:18:07 am »
bump!
Tawnya
Mommy to Alecksandria
June 11, 2005