Author Topic: To wake or not to wake?  (Read 921 times)

Offline lizjackson

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 1
To wake or not to wake?
« on: April 10, 2006, 19:49:53 pm »
Quick question.. my 4 month old is down for her 2nd nap and is almost going to hit the 3 hour mark.  She did not get a good nap this morning.  Do I wake her or does she need this extra sleep?

Offline Caroline-Charlies Mummy

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 315
  • Charles Arthur 23rd March 2005
    • Twitter
Re: To wake or not to wake?
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2006, 00:28:29 am »
Sorry we missed the window to answer your question :-[

For future reference, my answer would have been that if you think she needs the sleep, let her have it, but not beyond her normal feed time. The reason being that if she didn't have a good morning nap, then she needs to catch up on the pm nap (too little daytime sleep can adversely affect nighttime sleep), but you should wake her up for her normal eating time, b/c if you don't you will mess up her eating routine, she may not get in enough calories in the day, and wake up hungry at night - not a vicious circle you want to get started :). Perhaps you could also think about a little catnap to get her through until bedtime to stop her getting overtired?

HTH for next time
Caroline :)

"Mama exhorted her children at every opportunity to 'jump at de sun.' We might not land on the sun, but at least we would get off the ground." -- Zora Neale Hurston

Offline lizjackson

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 1
Re: To wake or not to wake?
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2006, 02:39:23 am »
Thank you, I will use that info for future reference..