Author Topic: Bottled water for traveling???/  (Read 3587 times)

Offline crazycanuck

• Sarah
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 16
  • my nugget - she melts my heart
Re: Bottled water for traveling???/
« Reply #15 on: April 17, 2006, 01:29:46 am »
hi all,

i read somewhere you aren't supposed to use bottled water because it doesn't have the minerals etc., that regular water has.......we have a water dispenser and the water is distilled so we don't use it - but we have soft water and they aren't supposed to drink soft water either because of the high sodium content......I also heard the same about bottles water re sodium - I just boil my tap water and I have a Avent bag that keeps the bottls cold for up to 4 hrs - the when i need to hear the bottle I heat in in my truck cup holders as they have vents that keep drinks warm..............I hate not knowing if I can use the bottled distilled water?!

Logans Mom

breastfed for 6 months and exclusively pumping now!!!

Offline ry,cait&alex

• Showing Appreciation 135
  • The Royal court
« Reply #16 on: April 17, 2006, 02:02:15 am »
I just go with my gut.  We used to live on 25 acres and had a well dug.  We didnt' think the water was potent enough for every day drinking so that is why Ry was always on bottled water.  4.5 years later, there isn't a thing wrong with him.  It is all in what you are comfortable with.  ;)

Brandy-
Super Mommy to Ryan,Cait and Alex!!!!

Offline crazycanuck

• Sarah
  • Showing Appreciation 16
  • my nugget - she melts my heart
« Reply #17 on: April 17, 2006, 02:06:28 am »
i hear you - I was raised on well water that was naturally fluoridated also - I am fine - it had high sulphur content though :(
I am not ok with Logan drinking our softened water I would rather the bottled water, but I will definately not let him drink any tap water , maybe every now and then, my bro in law is a plumber and he works for the comp that does our region and he said the amount of chlorine they put in the water is aweful because of new guidelines , what people don't realize is that there has to be enough at the furthest end of the pipe from the plant so if you live near the plant you are actully getting way more chlorine than everyone else.......he also told me it's not that far shy of how much is in a pool.......yikes!!!

Logans mom

breastfed for 6 months and exclusively pumping now!!!

Offline Mom2katiebug

• Showing Appreciation 151
« Reply #18 on: April 17, 2006, 02:10:29 am »
Ask your pediatrician.  Mine said distilled was fine - just avoid the flouride until DD was 6MO. 
"Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you also have an obligation to be one."  - Eleanor Roosevelt