Author Topic: Easy Questions  (Read 2929 times)

Offline bigsize9foot

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Easy Questions
« on: April 18, 2006, 07:14:39 am »

Hi all,

I've come across some questions about EASY that I wondered if anyone can answer.

1. Naps- Should you put LO down a bit early for nap so he has time to drop off or just include that in the nap time. EG if nap due at around 9 should you put down at 8.45 but class nap from 9 to give time to drop off?

2. Waking time- we've been struggling with LO waking around 6ish and trying to keep him asleep till 7 for his first feed. After some thought I decided this was silly as neither of us gets a decent sleep between 6-7am. Is it ok to start EASY from 6am?

3. Dream Feeds- I try to do this between 10-11 but its usually around 10pm. However, if it goes even a bit later- eg 10.30 LO wakes up. I am BF so its harder to keep him asleep during this feed. My worry is- will he become depended on this Dream feed?

I had some more questions but can't think of them now!! Will post them once I remember.

Fx
« Last Edit: April 18, 2006, 07:34:06 am by bigsize9foot »

Offline LŠuren

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 206
  • yummy!!
Re: Easy Questions
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2006, 10:57:00 am »
1.Naps- Should you put LO down a bit early for nap so he has time to drop off or just include that in the nap time. EG if nap due at around 9 should you put down at 8.45 but class nap from 9 to give time to drop off?

Wind down time should be included in you’re a time, I usually put him down either as soon as I see his tired signals (if its before a nap is due) or 10mins before his next nap is due. I have an angel baby so he is usually up exactly 3hrs between naps. However, lately he has started to stay up slightly longer, so I am back to watching his cues again.

2. Waking time- we've been struggling with LO waking around 6ish and trying to keep him asleep till 7 for his first feed. After some thought I decided this was silly as neither of us gets a decent sleep between 6-7am. Is it ok to start EASY from 6am?
Yes, I have the same problem, the great thing about EASY is that it is flexible so I start my day from when he wakes up.

3. Dream Feeds- I try to do this between 10-11 but it's usually around 10pm. However, if it goes even a bit later- e.g. 10.30 LO wakes up. I am BF so its harder to keep him asleep during this feed. My worry is- will he become depended on this Dream feed?

It may be worth your while posting this on the breastfeeding forum to see how other breastfeeding mums approach the dreamfeed.

HTH's
Lauren x

Offline HeatherC

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 79
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2006, 12:44:22 pm »
I'll just answer #3 since Lauren said what I would have for the other 2  :D.  My dd never stayed asleep for the df.  In fact, if I didn't rouse her all the way, she wouldn't eat.  Then, once she fed she went right back to sleep.  At 4 months, I stopped offering the df b/c she was barely feeding (bf at the time) for any length of time, and we never looked back.  She never woke for it and never woke earlier in the morning.  I don't think he'll necessarily become dependent on the df b/c as he ages, he'll take fuller feeds during the day that should be able to sustain him through the night.  HTH
Kelsey, Feb. 4, 2005
Landon, Jan. 2, 2007

Offline bigsize9foot

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2006, 18:20:00 pm »
Thankyou. Lauren- I never thought that I could start the day when he woke up- I thought I had to start it at 6am or 7am etc. But of course that makes sense. When he wakes we'll start our day and maybe he'll then start waking at the same time- now he has a variation of 10-30 mins.

With regard to dream feed- thanks also. My Lo barely wakes and goes straight back to sleep so I guess its not too much of an issue. And his waking in time for this feed is prob because he is nowhere near ready to go through the night yet. Hes a cross between an angel and a textbook but not with regard to the sleeping through! Hes not too much bother in the night though.

Fx