Author Topic: naptimes have all gone a bit haywire!  (Read 909 times)

Offline FlossieŠ

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 2
  • mummy's little cherubs
naptimes have all gone a bit haywire!
« on: May 03, 2006, 14:35:24 pm »
My DD is 1 in 2 days time :D.  She has responded to ssshh/pat and pu/pd really well and we now have a great sleep pattern - nap at 9.30 for hour and half, nap at 2 for hour and half then sleep at 8.00 until 7am!! ;D 

However over the last 3 days she has just been wide awake at nap times, with lots of protest when I lay her down, she just wants to be playing when I put her in her cot and so I have been leaving the darkened room,to which there is no protest and she just chats to herself and babbles and plays with socks, teddies....anything she can get her hands on.  She seems rather content to be doing this for half an hour or so  ::). Then when I go in and say its time to go to sleep and put her down she just wants to climb back up and so we have lots of protest again, but this time I have more success in sssh/patting her and eventually get her off to sleep. It has been this pattern for around a week now - so the whole process is taking ages until she's napping! And its quite wearysome.  Could someone explain to me what is going on and what I can do about this.  Nightime sleeps are a dream, 9 times out of 10 I just leave the room and she may have a bit of a winge but nothing major (sometimes not at all)  and this may go on for a minute or 2 and then she falls asleep on her own....until 6.30 - 7am with no wakes at all!! ;D
Its just these nap times that are bringing out the anarchist in my little one!
Be grateful for some advise,
Many thanks

Offline alyssa1

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 10
Re: naptimes have all gone a bit haywire!
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2006, 19:27:24 pm »
I would agree - It sounds like she isn't tired for the nap.  I would extend A time and watch for tired signs - put her down when she's ready, maybe not at a specific time that you were used to.  The morning nap will probaby get later in the morning and be a long one and then a late afternoon one (shorter - to keep betime).  Or you might have a short morning one and a longer afternoon one?