Author Topic: nearly 7 months and still waking at night for a feed ?  (Read 1108 times)

Offline anita applin

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
nearly 7 months and still waking at night for a feed ?
« on: May 04, 2006, 08:47:36 am »
Hi My DS is nearly 7 months and is still waking at night for a feed!
he does not take milk well during the day and guzzles a 7oz bottle at night (anywhere between 1.30 and 5am!)

I have tried to not feed him and just to pacify him with a soother but it just does not work and we are both up for hours with him crying, as soon as i offer him a bottle he drinks the lot and goes back off to sleep.

He suffers with silent reflux and his formula has a thickener in it so i'm not sure if it's because of this he is waking and needing to feed as his stomach is empty and the acid is starting to creep back up?

any suggestions?
thanks in advance

anita & Dylan

Offline LŠuren

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 206
  • yummy!!
Re: nearly 7 months and still waking at night for a feed ?
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2006, 17:24:26 pm »
Anita

Would you mind posting your current routine and include amounts of formula and solids Dylan is getting si I can help you further?

Thanks
Lauren x

Offline anita applin

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Re: nearly 7 months and still waking at night for a feed ?
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2006, 08:46:07 am »
his routine is as follows......

he wakes up anytime between 6 & 7 am
he has some toast (probably a quater of a slice) between 7 & 8
he goes to the childminder at 8.30 and she gives him his breakkfast
he has porridge for breakfast at about 8.30
he may have a 10 min nap (if i'm lucky) before lunch
somethimes he'll take about 3-4 oz of a bottle mid morning
lunch at 12 - ususally a jar of something because he's with the childminder and its so much easier for her and me and fruit puree for pudding
mid afternoon, i'll offer anotherbottle somethimes he'll take about 6 oz other times it's 2 or 3 and he'll have a couple of rice cakes or a Biter biscuit
he has a quick doze in the car on the way to do the school run for about 15 mins
tea about 4.30 (3 rusks made with formula and some fruit puree)
bath at about 6
bottle about 5 oz's at the most then sleep.
he ususally has another bottle inthe night and drinks most of it.

He just isnt interested in milk during the day that much, he has juice/water with meals and throughout the day but no more thatn about 6oz's in a whole day

He has never been a baby to sleep/nap during the day - i think this is due to his silent reflux despite many efforts to give him the opportunity to nap.

any advise would be great, just to give you a picture of our home situation, i work mornings so Dylan goes to the childminder 8.30 - 1.30 i have two older children 7 & 6 to consider too.

thanks in advance

anita