Author Topic: Do you feed every time they wake?  (Read 822 times)

Offline LottieB

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 1
« on: May 04, 2006, 19:45:50 pm »
Hi, Just wondered what other Mum's do... Little Babe is now 9 weeks,  he is getting quite good at putting himself to sleep :) although have to say I've just had nightmare tonight where he screamed (usually just a kind of tired cry) so HAD to pick him up and give him cuddles.  Anyway, he wakes every 3 hours... pretty much like clockwork through the night, so tonight I fed him at 7pm he will more than likely wake at 10pm, then 1 am and then 4am and then always a 2 hour gap at 6am then back to sleep until 7.30 if I'm lucky.  I feed him at every wakening, he feeds for maybe 7-10 mins (the same as during the day) and goes back to sleep.  Does he need all this food?!!!  He feeds every 2.5 to 3 hours during the day too.  He is breastfed, gaining weight well, very contented during the day.  I am kind of wondering when he may stretch it out a bit.  Also, if he wakes in the evening after a couple of hours would you feed then.  Thanks for help :-\  xx
Lottie
Mummy to Max, Mimi and Lucas

Offline UNCMomma

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 65
  • Love my girls!!
Re: Do you feed every time they wake?
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2006, 20:51:36 pm »
That's lots of feedings through the night...maybe try to soothe him back to sleep without feeding one of the times.  That's a tough one though, since it IS 3 hours between.  Since he's only 9 weeks, I bet he'll start to stretch it out soon if given the chance.  I hope it's soon, for your sake!  :)

Amanda