Author Topic: getting to sleep  (Read 912 times)

Offline kayz

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: May 05, 2006, 14:13:16 pm »
it takes me ages to get my 10wk old son to settle at night. I feed him at 5, bath at 6, another feed at 7 then try and put him down to sleep. the problem is he wont self soothe. he wont fall asleep unless hes in mine or his dads arms and he gets so upset if we put him down awake that only another bf will calm him down. ive tried the patshush several times but i get so exhausted myself that i give in to him and let him fall asleep in my arms. on week days his dad works away so its just me and baby and i get so stressed i have to leave him for about 5 mins to calm down myself. when his dad is home at weekends its lovely to have some help. any tips for this tired and frazzled young mum? :-[

Offline estherofi20

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 158
  • my gorgeous babies
Re: getting to sleep
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2006, 15:42:33 pm »
Hi there, sorry you are having such a hard time, have you tried swaddling him and a paci?

Offline debo620

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 70
Re: getting to sleep
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2006, 16:23:51 pm »
for 13 week old son:
I swaddle, patt-ssh on shoulder- which only works if he is really crying/tired, wait until he is quiet for a mintue or two--lay him down awake and then shield his eyes and place my hand on his chest. if he is tired enough he will turn his head away (to the left) and fall asleep. I stay for a couple extra minutes depending on how long it took to settle him. If it took a long time--I usually stay for longer.

Good luck,
Deborah
Deborah,
Noah---January 30th, 2006
Cohen-May 22, 2008
Julia-August 14, 2013