Author Topic: how to w2sleep on unswaddled baby?  (Read 1110 times)

Offline debo620

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 70
how to w2sleep on unswaddled baby?
« on: May 05, 2006, 20:54:03 pm »
I have been using w2sleep (hand pressure at the jolt) with some success. It works the best when my son is swaddled. Today at his nap he was very relaxed and his arms were up at his head----how can I do wake to sleep? I know that his arms will start flailing around during the jolt. I tried to tuck them back into the swaddle before the jolt but this only woke him up. Now he is wide awake.

Deborah
Deborah,
Noah---January 30th, 2006
Cohen-May 22, 2008
Julia-August 14, 2013

Offline Meg's Mom

• Showing Appreciation 30
  • our girls
Re: how to w2sleep on unswaddled baby?
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2006, 21:37:30 pm »
What type of swaddle do you use?

Offline debo620

• Showing Appreciation 70
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2006, 01:58:08 am »
hi megs mom,

Thus far I have been attempting to swaddle with a recieving blanket. This has proved to be very challenging. I used to never swaddle but my son always woke up after 45min nap and thus I started swaddling. Every nap---he fights me on the swaddle. It is very difficult to keep his arms at his sides. He is strong and pulls up across his chest and to his mouth. the only thing that works is to leave him for a few minutes sucking on his hands etc and go back in when he is really crying---by this time is really tired and will often let his arms relax enough that I can swaddle him. I then stay with him shielding his eyes and with my arm across his swaddled body. This bugs me b/c before I started swaddling ---he would fuss for a few minutes but then fall asleep independently. I feel as though if he falls asleep independently he is unswaddled but if I want him to stay swaddled then I need to be there and thus he is not falling asleep independently. I feel as though I am making a choice between having him fall alseep indepedently but not stay sleeping, or forcing the swaddle in the hope that I can keep him from waking at the 40 min mark.I have tried swaddling with one arm out---but it seems as though the two arms only work together---both at the mouth. Today it didn't matter either way---he took short naps all day. I wish I had that miracle blanket but now I think he will be to big for it----is it only good up to 4months?----my son weighs 16lbs and probably about 25inches long.

thanks for any suggestions,
Deborah
Deborah,
Noah---January 30th, 2006
Cohen-May 22, 2008
Julia-August 14, 2013

Offline Meg's Mom

• Showing Appreciation 30
  • our girls
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2006, 22:54:42 pm »
the great thing about the miracle blanket is that you can use it w/ the feet out of the pouch therefore it will work for ages, we used it until my LO was almost 7mos.