Author Topic: getting rid of the bottle at 15 mths  (Read 1027 times)

Offline mlindsey

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: May 07, 2006, 14:34:39 pm »
hey.  for the past 3 mths i have been trying to get our daughter to take her milk from a sippy instead of the bottle.  (she drinks juice w/ water fine in the sippy)  however, we went back to the bottle to wean her from zantac, when we moved, & when she was sick.  now we are just getting settled & want to get her back to the sippy only.  she gets about 20 oz of milk a day.  & when i give her milk in a sippy she will only take a few sips at a time...probably getting only 5 oz a day.  i know she doesn't need that much milk a day...but she doesn't really get calcium any other way (only very little from veggies).  she won't eat yogurt & can't eat much cheese due to constipation issues.  we really need to make sure she drinks lots of liquids to help with the constipation...especially now that we are living in Florida.  Does anyone have any advice on the best way to get rid of the bottle?  Should we just throw it out completely...or take it slowly??  She is sleeping well at night & i just don't want to cause her to start waking again.  we are actually still doing a small dream feed at 10:30pm (we added back at 12 months...when we went for months without sleeping).  Should we try to drop this first before dropping the bottle.  or keep this in to make sure she gets more liquids??  Thanks for any suggestions. 
Misty

Offline datallan

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 2
Re: getting rid of the bottle at 15 mths
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2006, 19:34:01 pm »
Hi
My LO Phoebe is nearly a year and I have just managed to get her to drink her morning milk from a beaker/sippy. She drinks her water from a beaker but flatly refused to drink milk from it.
I bought another one hor her milk, same make different from water one. Milk one has no handle and is longer.
I do not let her walk around with her drink and allow her drink when she wants, I give it to her at certain times adn when she signs for a drink.
Last week instead of putting water into her beaker I put milk into it (cows for her) adn anytime she had a drink it was milk. She pulled faces but drank it. Kept in fridge when not in use. The next morning I gave her morning milk in beaker and she drank it.
Havn't chabge the bedtime bottle yet.

Debs