Author Topic: 2 years and does not eat  (Read 1250 times)

Offline ninaricci

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 1
« on: May 10, 2006, 14:47:13 pm »
My girl is 2 years 1 month, she does not try any cooked food except french fries and pasta with no sauce (now she hates pasta too), she doesn't eat any veggies but cucumbers and the fries, she drinks milk, no cheese or yogurt, she eats cereal or peanut butter for breakfast and she eats fruits.
Has someone experienced similar situation, how did you handle this?
Any suggestions would be appreciated, Help please.

Offline Tamara

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 221
  • UK
Re: 2 years and does not eat
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2006, 22:06:03 pm »
Ok, so you say she doesn't eat.

and you're very concerned about what she doesn't eat, right?

What about looking at what she does eat?

Milk - excellent  ;D good source of protein, viatmin D and of course calcium (cheese and yoghurt will give roughly the same nutirents, but possibly with more added sugars or fat depending on which ones you choose, so really does it matter she doesn't eat either of these things?)
Cucumber Viatmin A and C, bit of iron, bit of calcium again
Cereals Often fortified with iron and other vitamins, a source of dietary fibre, source of carbohydrate
peanut butter source of 'healthy' fats that young children need to grow
Fruit dietary fibre, vitamins and other healthy compounds

So, all in all - she seems to be getting pretty much all she needs to grow healthily - ganted she doesn't eat a wide variety of foods, but that will come with age, and short of foce feeding them to her, there's not a lot you can do.. My aim was to point out to you, that whils t she doesn't eat everything you think she 'should' be eating - she isn't doing too badly at all

Bear with it - STOP STESSING and things will change with age

Hey, my very-nearly 3 yo is doing the fish-fingers with vinegar diet right now, last week it was thinly sliced ham by itself  ::) ::) ::)

It passes, roll with it

Offline ninaricci

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2006, 02:12:42 am »
Thanx for your reply.
Feel somehow better now:)

Offline ryan's mum

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 374
  • North Wales U.K
Re: 2 years and does not eat
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2006, 11:58:56 am »
Ryan is exactly the same , you can't force them to eat ! Ryan has been a sausage monster for months now , if he's happy eating them , then that's what i will cook. it gets too stressfull having a food battle with them , they will just dig their heels in more .
 we offer new foods , if he doesn't want them then so be it .like Tamara said there's goodness in the few foods your LO is eating , she's healthy and gaining weight so don't worry too much . it's hard not to worry , it's even harder when you go out for the day trying to find something they will eat , i'm hoping in time things wil get better on the eating front , till then i have to stay sane !
[img width= height=]http://tac.families.com/tickers/tdb.php?tid=1032165&ignore=1[/img]Ryan James 9 Nov 2003

[img width= height=]http://lafemmebonita.com/blinkies//Pregnancy%20and%20Babies/ILoveMySon.gif[/img]

son , I may have silver in my hair but you are the gold in my heart .