Author Topic: 6 1/2 months and suddenly screaming at nap time  (Read 845 times)

Offline Stephie55

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
6 1/2 months and suddenly screaming at nap time
« on: May 12, 2006, 13:12:34 pm »
I hope someone can help me with this one! This is my first post on the site and am I glad you're all here!!  ;)

After having a definite angel baby for over 6 months my LO has suddenyl (3 days ago) started crying at nap time. It's more than the usual grumble and if left escalates into real screaming.

I am fairly sure I have been putting him down at the right time as he has always had very easy to read sleepy signals but just incase I've tried putting him down for his naps sooner, thinking perhaps his new developments (sitting up etc) were making him tired more easily so that perhaps I was missing the window. I've also tried lengthening the times between his naps thinking that perhaps he isn't tired yet (even though his signals tell me he is) but neither seems to work.

I'm feeling quite worried as we've never had any trouble either sleeping at night or napping in the day and I feel quite out of my depth already! I've also started to worry incase this starts at night too if I can't get to the bottom of what's going on.

Thankyou very much for any help!

Offline Stephie55

• Showing Appreciation 0
Re: 6 1/2 months and suddenly screaming at nap time
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2006, 13:14:44 pm »
Also, I forgot to ask: At his age how long should he be up between naps?

Offline Stephie55

• Showing Appreciation 0
Re: 6 1/2 months and suddenly screaming at nap time
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2006, 09:01:03 am »
Thanks for replying.

I put him down both for naps and at night time awake in his cot. He talks to himself for anything between 5 and 15 minutes and then drops off.

We start the day about 7.30am and have A sessions of about 90 to 120 minutes before sleeps of about 30 minutes. He rarely sleeps longer than 30 minutes. He currently has (just finshed BF) a bottle at 7.30am, food at 10.30am, bottle 12pm, bottle 2.30pm, food at 5pm, bottle 7pm, bed 7.30pm. I am going to introduce the third meal of the day next week at 7.30am, make the 10.30am feed a bottle and then the 12pm feed food. I hope this makes sense and answers your questions as I'm not really up on the jargon correctly!

I know that his A sessions look a little short for his age but anything longer and he becomes overtired (I think).

Thanks again for you help here.