Author Topic: 5Month old son wont settle in Cot  (Read 723 times)

Offline donnajane

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: May 17, 2006, 06:20:56 am »
My DS is 5months old.  He has been sleeping great from 2months, went down around 7.30pm right through till 6am.  I used to be able to put him down in his cradle and he would fall off by himself but now I have recently moved him into his cot and its just a screaming match when he goes down.  Ive tried staying with him and talking to him, also have tried letting him cry which was really hard but he just gets really upset, only way I can get him off is by  holding him until he's nearly asleep and then put him down, where he will sleep right through to 6am.  I know holding him until he's nearly asleep is a bad habit to get into, help!

Offline teezee

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 157
Re: 5Month old son wont settle in Cot
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2006, 01:22:30 am »
well i have two suggestions...and neither of those is leaving your lo to cio in any way as if that is what has taken place it has probably broken trust that your lo has for you and then you will have to deal with that before any other sleep issues...

now, the most common thing i would suggest is pu/pd..it can be difficult and trying but probably the quickest method to work (imo)

second, you could keep doing what you are doing putting lo down drowsy, and then every few days (or whatever you are comfortable with) a little more and then more awake each time...eventually lo should get the idea :)
Tawnya
Mommy to Alecksandria
June 11, 2005