Author Topic: is this enough solid  (Read 1258 times)

Offline batuki05

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 1
« on: May 18, 2006, 22:51:16 pm »
My Ds is 10.5 months old. He is been eating solids from 6 month. He has never been a very big fan of solids other than few things. His favorite are banana, avocado,roti(whole wheat flat bread),tofu,  rice cakes(mixed with barley, millet).
      Most meals he starts out well. But within 5-6 six mouth he starts loosing interest. He does not show any particular dislike to certain food. One day he eats it the next day he won't touch it.
   In a normal day he can eat for eg 1inch cube tofu, half a pear, 1 baby banana, less than quarter cup grain each meal, less that 1/4 cup vegetable at two meals.

here is his schedule

7-730 wake and nurse
930- breakfast (some grain in the form of toast or rice cake or cereal and 1/2 apple or pear)
10.30 nap  1.5hrs
12ish  wake and feed
2 -lunch (some grain 1/4 cup cooked , 4-5 baby carrots or some other veggie, 1 baby banana)
3 nap 1.5 hrs
430 wake feed
6 some snacks either tofu or some fruits or homemade muffins etc
730 dinner(quarter cup cooked grain, 2tbl veggie and 2 tbl fruit)
830 feed and sleep

one feed in the night sometimes it turns to two feed.

Thanks
Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker" border="0" width="400" height="80

Offline batuki05

• Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2006, 17:56:54 pm »
He has gone worse, This past two days he opens his mouth for the first spoon, then closes his mouth. Finger foods he takes to his mouth sucks on it and then brings it out.  This happens with his favorite foods also. Pls give me some suggestion. Is he teething? will this phase go away?

andibig

Re: is this enough solid
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2006, 19:45:40 pm »
i think he maybe teething. as it is very common for babies to go off their food.is he showing any signs of teething like drooling, biting on everything, pulling his ears etc. also babies go through phases of not eating much and then making up for it the next day.

Offline *Natasha*

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 223
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2006, 00:46:22 am »
Yes totally agree with the teething as we have gone through this at the moment. Just keep offering solids at this stage and let him eat as much as he wants. Things will improve soon just persisit with it. Good luck.

Natasha proud Mum to:

My big princess Catherine 7/8/05
My little princess Mirelle 17/10/07

Offline batuki05

• Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2006, 01:41:16 am »
Thank you so much Natasha and Andibig.
   I thought the same too(That is teething). But he always keeps everything in his mouth and bites. And  he drools when ever he keeps something in his mouth. If he feels sleepy he pulls on his ears and scratches his head. So I was not sure whether he was really teething or not. Or may be it is just a phase. Hopefully it will pass away soon. The hardest Part is to not show any frustration when he does not eat what ever food I made him(As I cook separatly for him) and it goes to drain(Ofcourse sometimes I eat it)

Offline kirsty_167

• Showing Appreciation 45
  • My little munchkin!!
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2006, 02:21:08 am »
Hi.....i totally agree with the teething thing.My son has always been a great eater until he started teething.Now he isnt interested in food much.The best thing to do is to continue to offer foods and when they are ready to eat they will.My son is a healthy weight so he wont starve thats for sure but i still worry when he doesnt eat "enough". He has been waking at night too so being tired doesnt help him either.If he is too tired he goes off his food too.....viscious circle this teething!!!

This will pass...dont worry.
Take care
Kirsty

andibig

« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2006, 06:22:35 am »
don't get stressed abot the not eating (difficult i know). like everyone said keep offering at the normal times. he won't starve himself. dd often keeps food in her mouth then spits it out whn teething. it just the desire to chew on something!!! try offering him cold things may take the heat off his gums!! good luck

Offline KellyC

• Showing Appreciation 217
« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2006, 11:49:28 am »
Zander was very fussy with his food when he was ill a couple of weeks ago, everything I offered he opened his mouth for and then spat out.  Funny little man was happy to eat if he put the spoon in his mouth himself or if I gave him fingerfoods and hid out of sight and left him to it  ::)  Very messy for a few days and I'm pleased to report he's now scoffing both his spoon and finger foods again. 

I'm sure this is just a phase relating to those darn teeth or he's feeling a little off colour at the moment.

Kelly x
Mummy to Zander (2005), Nathaniel (2007) and Caleb (2009)

Offline batuki05

• Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2006, 21:49:58 pm »
Thank you kristy,andibig and Kelly. You all where great support. Yes I try to keep offering him healthy food. Most of the time I try not to worry about him not eating. But his weight is 18lbs for the past three months. Though he is healthy and very active.  So I will have to wait and see.

Thanks Again