Author Topic: 9 onth old waking every 2 hours at night- please help!  (Read 917 times)

Offline becky659

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
9 onth old waking every 2 hours at night- please help!
« on: May 19, 2006, 00:56:25 am »
My daughter is almost 9 mos. and still wakes about every 2 hours at night. We do have a nighttime routine of bath, massage with lotion, story, nurse, bed. The routine starts at 7:30pm and she is usually asleep between 8 and 8:30pm. We have co-slept since birth, but she is put in her crib when she first falls asleep and comes to the family bed at her first waking. She wakes about every two hours and the only way I can usually get her back to sleep is nursing. She wakes for the day at 7:00am. She naps around 10-11, but only for about half an hour and again around 3pm for the same amount of time. I know some of the problems are *I nurse to sleep (but I haven't been able to get her to fall asleep any other way) *so obviously she is put to bed asleep not "drowsy but still awake" and *she can't put her self to sleep/ back to sleep. All the problems are inter-related and I don't know how to change things. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Offline Kimberly®

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 126
Re: 9 onth old waking every 2 hours at night- please help!
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2006, 04:38:39 am »
Try moving bedtime routine to 6:30 and bed for 7-7:30. This should stop the overtiredness and help your LO sleep longer and better.
Kimberly