Author Topic: Can't get my daughter to fall asleep for her day naps - HELP!  (Read 893 times)

Offline Tuty

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
My daughter is 10 weeks old and used to be sleeping a lot (day and night) up until 2 weeks ago. In the past couple of weeks we can't seem to be able to help her fall asleep for her day naps. No matter what we do she wouldn't calm down and her hands continue to jolt. Eventually she'd sleep (jolting) for about 30-40 minutes and wake up very fussy. We've tried the approach from the interview with Tracy and she's always swaddled before laying in bed. We also tried the PU/PD and turning on the dryer. I guess she's always overtired of hardly sleeping all day long. We're also unable to put her on the EASY routine because of that.

Any ideas??

Thanks,
Tuty

Offline ¤ Efka ¤

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 174
Re: Can't get my daughter to fall asleep for her day naps - HELP!
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2006, 13:56:44 pm »
Have you tried shush-pat method?
What I find helps my LO is I swaddle and hold him, sing or shush until he is almost really out, then put him in bassinet apply pressure on him with my hand, lower myself and shush near his head. and patience, until he starts to fall asleep. Sometimes it does not work, he jolts and opens eyes again and I keep shushing, if he still cries , I sometimes start to say it's OK and repeat until he is calm. Sometimes even this does not help I pick him up and all starts again.
Sometimes he is asleep fast , sometimes it takes long. But i try to stick with it and hope it works really good one day.
This said I am no expert so hopefully someone corrects me if I said or did something wrong.
Hope you can find something what works for you good.
Patience, i need it sometimes very badly
 :D
~Efka~