Author Topic: MOVED to Naps: When to use Pu/Pd??  (Read 837 times)

Offline AndrewBoy

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 2
MOVED to Naps: When to use Pu/Pd??
« on: May 20, 2006, 15:25:08 pm »
Hi,
I had a related question.  My lo is 3mo old and is having similar sleep issues.  He is a BF baby and has been on EASY since birth.  His naps are about 1 hour and I can't seem to extend them.  With two other little ones I'm feeling a little stressed.  Our house has a lot of windows and in the bedroom they wrap around the corner of the house.  I have tacked up blankets over the blinds to make it as dark as I can.  But his unpredictable day sleep is starting to affect his night sleep which has always been good (one waking around 3).  P/S has not been successful at all but if I understand you correctly he is too young for PU/PD. He sucks on his fist during wake time, but can't handle to have one arm left out.  How long do you continue to swaddle?

Offline KellyC

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 217
Re: When to use Pu/Pd??
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2006, 16:58:18 pm »
Hi Andrew Boy

I'm going to split your post and move it to the naps forum to see if they can help you with regards to extending your LOs naps using wake to sleep, altering your routine etc.  Please do come back to us if you need to look into shush/pat or PU/PD still though.

Kelly
Mummy to Zander (2005), Nathaniel (2007) and Caleb (2009)