Author Topic: Advice re night sleeping problems  (Read 686 times)

Offline sjacobs

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: May 21, 2006, 09:35:15 am »
My daughter who is just three weeks old, sleeps well during the day in her moses basket down stairs with us.  At night when we put her to sleep in her moses basket in our bedroom she becomes extremely noisey and does not settle that well.  Any ideas to help resolve this? 

My midwife said to try leaving a radio on as she obviously likes noise during the day, this has made no difference.  Was wondering if to give her a dummy, although hubby does not want to go down this route.

Look forward to receiving any advice people may have.

Offline Jaime

• Queen of the Wicker People
  • Administrator
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 941
    • Laughable Lunacy
Re: Advice re night sleeping problems
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2006, 12:28:10 pm »
it could just be her age - my kids were very loud sleepers at night (that's part of what got them into their own room very quickly), but they outgrew it by 2 months.

but instead of a radio, you might want to try radio static - many babies love white noise.
Jaime
~~~
DD - Textbook
DS - Touchy/Grumpy

Offline Mia & Scarlett's Mummy

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 18
  • Me and my girls (on a tidy day!)
Re: Advice re night sleeping problems
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2006, 13:37:31 pm »
Why doesn't he want to give her a dummy?  I don't understand what he means when he says "go down this route" - the only route I think you'll be going down with a baby of that age is a smooth transition to sleep.

They are a massive source of comfort to babies - Although Mia no longer has one at night since she was 4 months we would've really struggled to settle her without using one.

If used selectively and just for the cot they don;t become props.

Can you post your winddown routine for bedtime for us?  It may be that she needs a smoother transition from activity to bedtime and sleep.
Louise -  Mom to Mia Alison born 19.08.05 
Our beautiful english rose and textbook/spirited baby.
New Mom to lovely Scarlett Grace - textbook/touchy