Author Topic: Confused..Wake to sleep?, dreamfeed and waking at 5  (Read 614 times)

Offline joyfulmom

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 1
Confused..Wake to sleep?, dreamfeed and waking at 5
« on: May 21, 2006, 15:11:31 pm »
My lo is 7 weeks old and bottle fed.  He eats close to and sometimes over 32 ounces a day.  He weighs well over 12 lbs.  We just recently taught him to lay down for naps w/out screaming but now he is waking at 45 minutes.  I put in the paci but sometimes it doesn't work.  We were feeding him 6, 8:30, 11, 1:30, 4:30, 7, bedtime, dream feed at 9:30or 10.  Then he would wake at 2 and then 6 or 7.  However, He started barely waking or eating at the dream feed and then waking at 1 very hungry.  He also started eating less that 4 hours apart at night with the df.  So we decided to feed him at 7 and then let him wake.  He now wakes at 11:30 or 12 but he then wakes at 5 and will not go back to sleep.  Since we started this he goes longer between feedings at night but His naps have shortened to 45 minutesand we have the wake up time of 5 am.....Have we totally messed things up??? 

My questions:
Should we still try to do the df even though it's only 1 or 2 ounces and hard to keep him eating?
What do I do about the 5:00 wake up? 
What is this "Wake to sleep" and should I do this to solve the 45 min naps?

Thank you for your help!!!
STacey

Offline joyfulmom

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 1
Re: Confused..Wake to sleep?, dreamfeed and waking at 5
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2006, 21:46:12 pm »
OK..today has been terrible.  He is now fighting naps again and has hardly slept all day.  I have had to feed him almost every two hours because of him getting upset.  Could this all be because of us changing his night schedule?  I feel like we are back to square one.