Author Topic: milk from a cup no bottle  (Read 1250 times)

Offline phs

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
milk from a cup no bottle
« on: May 21, 2006, 19:04:39 pm »
Hello, My little one turned one a few weeks ago, she drinks water from a tommee tippee stage 2 cup and otehr ones as well but refuses milk from them. She ahs three bottles a day of milk and she doesnt hold them herself either, sometimes she does. I want her to drink from the cups but not sure how to go about it.

Any advice would be great, also by sippy cup you mean any cup? with a spout or straw?

Thank you.

Offline deb

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 593
  • Resident Nac Mac Feegle
    • My Very Own Crunchy & Progressive Parenting Blog
Re: milk from a cup no bottle
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2006, 01:04:30 am »
When Josie finally got the hang of a sippy cup (at least in the States that refers to the cups with gaskets in the lids that are more or less spillproof), it took us three years to get her off the things and onto something else. This time I'm determined not to even start them with Natalie unless I really have to; don't want to go through THAT weaning process again!

I found, at Wal-Mart in the kitchen section with some plastic snack cups and picnic-ware, these cute little cups with straws built into the sides, and we have like 8 of them now for both girls to share. Natalie has taken to a straw so well that once she realized she could get 8 ounces in less than a minute, she stopped nursing as apparently what I thought was a quick 5-minute BF session was too slow for her! LOL

I also realized that Natalie doesn't like drinking cold (right from the fridge) liquids; closer to room temp works better for her, although Josie has always preferred hers cold.