Author Topic: baby to her own room/bed - I'm ready to give up!  (Read 848 times)

Offline seaflower

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 2
baby to her own room/bed - I'm ready to give up!
« on: May 22, 2006, 09:25:42 am »
Just wanted to post and get an advice from those of you who've done it.

DD (10.5mo) was co-sleeping with us until two days ago, used to wake up every 1-2 hours and I'd settle her back with a breastfeed. Since we moved her to her own cot to her own room ew barely got any sleep... last night we only slept 4 hours! I have to admit I do rock her to settle her, and then when she is alsmost asleep I move her to the cot, she winges and complains, trying to climb out, etc... sometimes she would settle with a rub on her back/belly but the moment I move she is up again.

How long does it take for the transition (on avarage)? I'll have to dig out the BW book and re-read on Pu/pd i guess... Thanks, S.

PS I know this is not the Pu/pd forum but dont want to start a new message for one question - do you pick them up only if they are screaming, or eve if they are just moaning?
My little princess is 2.5 :) Textbook/Angel/Spirited toddler
My little munchkin is few weeks old and doesn't understnd EASY!

Offline Mia & Scarlett's Mummy

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 18
  • Me and my girls (on a tidy day!)
Re: baby to her own room/bed - I'm ready to give up!
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2006, 10:15:10 am »
Just bumping you up.

Can't help sorry - never did the co-sleeping thing.
Louise -  Mom to Mia Alison born 19.08.05 
Our beautiful english rose and textbook/spirited baby.
New Mom to lovely Scarlett Grace - textbook/touchy

Offline Mum of girl, boy, boy

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 26
  • From UK living in Western Australia
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2006, 12:58:37 pm »
Hi ya,

We didn't do the co-sleeping thing but we did start getting wakings later on. I know a lot of people find there own way of adapting pu/pd to suit there baby.

I know with our little one pu/pd gave too much attention and made things worse so we used walk in / walk out.

I've just been watching a programme where they are trying to get a 2year to settle in their own bed after co-sleeping and the psychologist said they thought it was too much to expect the child to settle in the their own bed when they are used to sleeping with the mum and dad. The mum and dad are staying with the child until he's asleep but he's no longer allowed in the bed. I guess the next stage (which we will probably see on tonights programme) is to try and settle the child without body contact but still in the own bed.

It seems to make sense to break it down into little stages as so not distress the child too much because it has been going on for a number of months. Hopefully someone with experience of making the changes your talking about will be along shortly.

Good luck and best wishes

J
[img width= height=]http://newtickers.bump-and-beyond.com/30/3099/309959.png[/img]
[img width= height=]http://newtickers.bump-and-beyond.com/30/3099/309974.png[/img]
[img width= height=]http://newtickers.bump-and-beyond.com/30/3099/309963.png[/img]

Offline seaflower

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 2
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2006, 15:04:02 pm »
Thanks for the replies!
Tonigh is night 3 in her own bed and her own room, so hope it goes better. I'll give it a week, and if there is NO improvement will have to revise the plan...
My little princess is 2.5 :) Textbook/Angel/Spirited toddler
My little munchkin is few weeks old and doesn't understnd EASY!