Author Topic: Am I doing wake to sleep right?  (Read 919 times)

Offline Southernbelle

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 20
  • Mom to three beautiful kids!
« on: May 22, 2006, 18:45:33 pm »
My 13 week old lo who was taking great naps before, suddenly can't transition after the 45 mins.  Today I tried wake to sleep...didn't work.  Here's what I did.  Put her down for the nap....she goes to sleep without crying (yay)....set a timer for 25 mins....went in and gently touched her.  She opened her eyes for a second and then closed them.  I wasn't sure if I was supposed to stay in the room or leave.  I did leave, and she did wake at 45 mins.  Cried off and on.  Would fall back to sleep then wake after a few mins, whine a little and continue the process.  She did the same thing this monring without me trying W2S.  Usually if I go in she gets mad and screams for along time, even with pat/shh.  This morning I figured after a while she was hungry, so I  got her up and fed her at the 2.5 hour mark.  Seeing as she is doing the same thing this nap, I don't think it's hunger related.  Yesterday she just screamed for an hour with me in there.  If you have followed my other post about night sleep, she has started going down great in the evening (with 30min wind down in her room before lights out) and gets a DF at 10:00ish and sleeps until 6:30-7:00!!  So that has been great!  Any ideas about naps would be great!
5 yrs, 3 yrs, 7 months

Offline Southernbelle

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 20
  • Mom to three beautiful kids!
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2006, 18:49:36 pm »
I just looked at the sleep guidelines for a three month old.  It says 15 hours a day.  10 nightitme, 5 daytime.  Well right now Lo is going down by 7pm and sleeping until 6:30 so that is 11.5 nightime hours.  Am I expecting too much for her to take three naps of 1.5 hours (4.5 total) during the day.  If I reduce the middle nap to 45 mins, it means her awake time lengthens and I don't think she can make it past 1.5 hours awake.  Today has been hard to squeeze 1.5 hours of activity.  Any ideas?
5 yrs, 3 yrs, 7 months